4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 7:17 PM by b.g.dixon RSS

Concierge lounge access 365 days a year 24/7?

stfurr Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

There are a few hotels that do have concierge lounge access year-round. For example I know the JW Marriott in Indianapolis does. A friend who was just in Zürich Switzerland said that the Marriott there has great lounge access every day of the year. When asking to book reservations the agents do not know which ones have lounge access 365 days a year. It would be nice if we could come up with a list and document who has that availability. Nice to know when you're traveling on weekends and holidays.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge lounge access 365 days a year 24/7?
    dcambridge Gold

I can confirm that Frankfurt has card access as well as Omaha Nebraska. I often look to stay at main Marriott properties because of the concierge lounge. especially seek them out while on business. Getting more points to stay at a property which should provide a concierge lounge or at least an executive lounge is what differentiates my stay at a courtyard vs a full Marriott.

But here is a bigger problem for Marriott. I have been diamond at Hyatt, and Platinum at Starwood. I manage a $1/2 million dollar travel budget, so our travel department listens to me about my recommendations as do my peers (people understand I travel a lot and my family has been in the industry for a very long time).

So when I stay at the Woodland Hills Marriott to find they have closed their lounge for 5 days Including the day BEFORE the fourth of July and the day after....and the Saturday following, I have to say this sours my experience. Am I made to feel more comfortable by an offer of 750 points or a free breakfast? No. I didn't choose a courtyard Marriott. I got far better treatment from being status at Hyatt and SPG. I even like their properties better.

Here is the letter I PICKED UP from the front desk (notice it wasn't delivered to my room nor mentions the Manager's name:

"June 30th 2013 (interesting - they have been closed since June 30th?)

Due to Independence Day holiday, the Concierge Lounge will reopen at 5:30pm, Sunday, July 7th, 2013 for hors d' oeuvre offerings. As a Platinum/Gold member, you have athe option to choose between 750 Marriott Rewards points or to continental breakfast at our restaurant Breeze, An American grill daily.

Please provide the hostess with your guestroom number. If you have any questions or concerns, please dial '0' and request to speak to the Manager on Duty. We wish you a safe holiday and thank you for choosing the Warner Center Marriott.

Sincerely,

Warner Center Marriott Management."

Wow, "Manager" and signed "Warner Center Marriott Management".  Classy. I am switching to SPG. these points and status are useless.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Concierge lounge access 365 days a year 24/7?
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...