5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 7:25 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Testing the winds

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Caddies sometimes throw up a few pieces of grass on the fairway so that their golfer can gauge the wind direction and even the swirling effects.

So, Marriott Rewards Insiders a question:  How is the continental breakfast working out for you?

Even on  a scale of one to ten if you'd like.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Testing the winds
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Since the 22nd (the day the new program took effect), I have stayed in 3 properties.  All have had the same breakfast spread they had prior to this new program, so I guess I would say all is good.  Since there was no change in past performance, I do not see the relevance of a rating.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Maybe others will?  Anyway good that there was no change.  I found a major change in one property as I posted previously.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I don't see the point in a rating either.  There have been reports on Flyertalk that some properties are doing the same as they've always done if they already offered brekkie (ie, whether cont'l or full), there have been reports that some have gone from full down to cont'l, and there are reports that some that did nothing when the lounge is closed have either gone to cont'l (per policy) or jumped ahead & went to full buffet.  So I expect the same inconsistency to continue post policy & will continue to update the exec lounge sticky on Flyertalk.

There have also been reports that some properties are restricting exec lounge to elite +1 (per policy) & some still allowing elite + more (ie, usually family), or elite +1 but fee for additional guests.  So I expect the same inconsistency on that as well & will update the exec lounge sticky on that too when there are reports.

Cheers.

WE can only hope that someday there will be a system wide continental that makes sense.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Anadyr

Well said!  I think the vast majority of us would say that consistency has been one of the things that we appreciate with Marriott, and if that consistency becomes nonexistent,  that's just one more checkmark on the negative side of the ledger...... 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...