2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 5:37 PM by ctreglia RSS

Disappointed that Marriott sold out to Sky Mall...

mekgolfski Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

FT
As a Lifetime Platinum, Marriott used to offer special Elite Only awards for Marriott Gift Cards.  I think the code was E195...what ever the code, I was able to get $1000.00 in Marriott Gift Cards for 135,000 points.  Now that Sky Mall has the rewards - the only fee - regardless of level is 225,000 for $1000.  Sad that Marriott wants to minimize the worth of their most frequent travelers.  Marriott still has the highest number of stays to reach their highest level and offer so much less...I have found out that Hyatt and Hilton will offer a tier match if you can prove your number of stays and gives you a year to earn that tier...lower stays - higher perks....sorry Marriott - you are driving this Lifetime Platinum away...QUICKLY!  Someone in corporate should understand the impact of your 'REWARD' changes.  Hyatt and Hilton - I will not only make my personal changes but bring my employees with me.  SO DISAPPOINTED IN MARRIOTT!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed that Marriott sold out to Sky Mall...
    hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree with you 100%. I never even thought of moving to another Hotel chain until this happened. Now I've got gold status at Hilton and will be trying them out and moving there. What appears to be happening is Marriott has devalued every aspect of their rewards program including some award benefit for their most elite members and don't seem to care that they will lose these most loyal folks to other hotel chains.

Marriott, it makes me sad because I've brought you thousands and thousands of dollars in business by recommending others and even booking rooms for them. Now I will simply look for the best deal at whatever hotel chain is available. It is really a shame. It seems to have changed since the new change in leadership. Loyalty used to mean something and it apparently isn't cost effective in the eyes of the new leadership.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed that Marriott sold out to Sky Mall...
    ctreglia Gold 3 Reviews

I called to tell them how disappointed I was that they devalued my rewards so drastically.  They gave a few pat answers, but generally didn't seem concerned.  The supervisor noted that they were considering an elite only points offer in the future, but there was no real remedy offered.  I too am really considering going back to Hilton or Hyatt.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...