8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2013 9:40 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Poaching Elites in the flying world

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Poaching Elites in the flying world
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Interesting article!  I prefer to just stick with one airline partner, so I can amass miles with one carrier, to obtain free airline tickets for my family.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Me too, Lone6star.  I've been Delta for 40 years and get tons of perks.  Out of my last three transatlantic trips I've been upgraded to business class twice at the airport.  They have always treated me well, I've had no trouble redeeming rewards, and wouldn't even consider any other airline except if Delta or Skyteam didn't fly there.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Me three profchiara and lone6star, I've been with Continental for 30 years and now United (sick sound) with all the perks.  But, if I was still traveling as much as previous years I'd jump right on over to Delta and beg for them to take me away from this United mess. As luck would have it and not traveling as much I'd never be able to meet the 90 day requirements to retain the status.  Darn it!

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Same boat here, just with American.  I'm pretty happy with them overall, I've only flown coach twice in the last 3yrs when there was more than one class of service on the plane but definitely in the "well lets see how this merger goes" state of mind.  Having LGA/JFK as my home airports, I could easily change to pretty much any airline but I have a vested interest to stay at the moment.  If things change after the USAir merger, it will definitely make me reconsider my association.  I am a million miler with lifetime status and have almost that many miles in the kitty that we are saving for some family vacations but once the miles are gone there's really no reason not to see how the other folks do things.  Flying as much as I do I have had the chance to fly with other airlines and of them I would say Delta has been my favorite second choice airline.  Sadly though, US Scareways was always the last choice for me, so it seems that Murphy fellow was involved in the merger or its just my luck my favorite and least favorite are combining. 

That said, I think if the smaller lines like JetBlue and Southwest did a better job of rewarding loyalty like the mainlines do, we would probably see a lot more high mileage, domestically focused folks moving away from the bigger lines to these smaller ones.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

anadyr,

Thanks for sharing!  Good Information for those frequent travelers who would like to test the waters.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I vote for bringing Piedmont back!   Loved flying with them in the 80's until doomsday.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I want Pan Am and PSA back too.  PSA, as we all know, helped Spouthwest, even giving them their training manual. Of course these were the days when an airline was restricted to flying within one state.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Pan Am was my favorite.  flew it to Brazil many times back in-the-day. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...