3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 10:03 PM by thetravelors RSS

Should we go to Myrtle Beach for 4th of July week?

prahalover74 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

WE are planning on going to Myrtle Beach 4th of july week. I checked the forecast and there are thunderstorms every day which are scattered. Should I cancel my trip? Can someone report back what the weather was like the last couple of weeks or what it is this time of year. 1st time for us. Appreciate any advice.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
  • Re: Should we go to Myrtle Beach for 4th of July week?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

NO, don't cancel your trip as those are most likely the afternoon variety that crop up in much of the south with afternoon heating.  You could get storms that form a line and linger but most are hit/miss so a mile away it could be sunny and nice while you're sitting inside with hard rain, thunder and lightning and then they move on or dissipate.

Besides, weather forecasts are correct about 30% or so of the time, wish I was able to be correct that low a percentage of time during my career!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Agreed.  I have spent many a summer and many vacations in the Myrtle and Brunswick County NC area and VERY rarely (once, I think) did we have a mostly rainy week.  Sometimes storms crop up with the heat late in the day, cool things down and dissipate.  Often, they stay just inland, never getting near the beaches.  That is a busy week, but a great time.  Enjoy!  Head up to Calabash to Captain John's for a real Carolina's seafood dinner.  Or go to Oceanfront Bar & Grill on the corner on the boardwalk for awesome footlong hot dogs, all the way!  I have been eating them since the mid-1960's.

thetravelors Silver 3 Reviews

oh no no no no  do not cancel..... they come n they go... if u choose not to go let me know it will fall right before my vacation ...lol... u will love it I go to the timeshare right next door and I over look the hotel.. we had some rain but those r the days I either relax in my room n read  or do the activities they offer.... you will have a blast we try to go at least 2x a year....enjoy.. n it can be very hot so u might want the rain for a day or so...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...