9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 11:02 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

No nonsmoking rooms at Los Suenos Marriott in Costa Rica?

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Insiders and community managers! I was just double checking our reservations for Los Suenos, and I noticed that it ways my request for nonsmoking king and double rooms are not possible because that kind of room is not available. Is this true? I will be calling the resort later today, but we need to have a smoke free room, as my son is allergic to smoke. I thought all Marriotts had smoke free rooms. This is something I have never encountered, even in other countries all over the world. Thanks for any input! I am hoping we won't have to cancel and find something else. we have been looking forward to this trip for a long time.

Thanks again,

Lakeshore

Message was edited by: lakeshore

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Herradura, Costa Rica Marriott Hotels & Resorts Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
  • Re: No nonsmoking rooms at Los Suenos Marriott in Costa Rica?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

lakeshore,

Absolutely, this hotel has non smoking rooms. Not sure why you received that message. I'd give them a call.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I suspect it was the bed type not the non-smoking part that caused that message.  The non-smoking rules are global across all brands.  Doesn't stop folks from smoking but lots of places have visible notes that advertise $250+ cleaning fee   Definitely let us know the result of your phone call to them

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

We contacted the hotel on your behalf to confirm that all rooms are non-smoking (strictly enforced). There are several areas designated for smoking outside of the hotel. The requests may not show guaranteed because all rooms are guaranteed non-smoking.

Thank you, community manager. I just spoke with the elite concierge, and she also said all hotels in Costa Rica are smoke free. I was just confused, because we had requested nonsmoking rooms, and on our reservation it said  both of our king and double rooms that we requested be nonsmoking(our 12 year old is allergic to cigarette smoke) could not be honored, and we would have to request another room type. There were no other room types available. So I didn't understand, but I am very happy to hear that we will not have to worry about that. Thanks to Painedplatinum and Zukracer  for your feedback.

Happy Travels,

Lakeshore

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Your post reminded me that I had some photos of the Costa Rica Marriott.  Also, I can highly recommend Alexander and Roy Morum as guides.  When we were there in 2012 the hotel booked two full day tours with them.

Message was edited by: communitymanager

Hi Lakersfan! I hope I brought back sone great memories for you! We have already set up excursions, but thanks for the recommendation. Any other tips would be truly appreciated. We are very excited to experience a bit of Costa Rica. More importantly, we are very excited for the main reason for our trip...to meet a child we have sponsored through CFCA for 12 years. We will get to meet him and his family! We are thrilled and so thankful for this opportunity!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Surprising to hear about that.  For me, the Marriott non-smoking rule is one of their big pluses.  I recently stayed at a Hilton and the hallways and even the non-smoking rooms kind of smelled of cigarette smoke.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...