8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2013 4:52 PM by missgee RSS

Key Largo Bay Marriott.....Christmas 2013?

yachtzone Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just returned from Marriott Beach Resort HILTON HEAD ISLAND and am extremely disappointed with the hotel.  I am looking to spend Christmas at the KEY LARGO RESORT, but I see that it was last renovated almost 10 years ago.

I can't go from one terrible experience to another.  Please give me insight into the property, the cleanliness, the rooms, etc that will help me make this decision.  thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Key West, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
  • Re: Key Largo Bay Marriott.....Christmas 2013?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

yachtzone,

Have stayed there and here is my experience:

Really "Laid Back", if you want night life and spending some quality time with a variety of activities, go to Key West.  Try to go to previous posts on Key West for additional information.  All the Marriott properties there afford you a lot more excitement and experiences.

If you want to just go fishing or sit by the pool this is a fine place.  I think this place is more suited for conventions or business meetings, but I can't see staying here on a holiday.

There is nothing wrong with the rooms or anything else I encountered.  I would only stay here as a last resort.  (Excuse the pun}!

Have a great time, no matter where you stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Key West, Florida, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
      missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Oh, Key Largo!  At first I was thinking Key West and was a little bit confused at jerrycoin's response.  lol

I looked at a stay at Key Largo Marriott and finally decided against it.  Trip Advisor was very instrumental in helping me make that decision.  We stayed at Eden Roc Miami Beach for Christmas a couple of years ago and it. Was. Amazing.  Last year we stayed at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach and it was also amazing.

We plan on heading down to Key West in September so I was very thankful to realize that Jerry's response was NOT referring to that property. 

missgee.

You will be wise in just driving to Key West!

If you need information on Key West, let us know.  You will get plenty of places!

missgee Silver 40 Reviews

Thanks jerrycoin!  We will be driving down from Miami for a few days.  I would definitely love some tips and recommendations on Key West.  I am hopeful that the tourist factor will be at a minimum at that time, as I hate the crowds.  We will probably opt to stay at the Key West Marriott Beachside.  Fortunately, I am aware there is no real beach at that property.  lol

missgee,

You will find Key West very attractive.  If you are driving be careful, the road is one of the most dangerous in the US.  It is really a wonderful drive, if you relax and take your time.

Here are a few memorable experiences I would like to share with you:

FH000016.jpg

BO's Fishwagon, is a must!  May not look like much, but is a great seafood lunch!  Think about splitting the food, they serve large portions.

Jimmy Buffets.JPG

Jimmy Buffet's is NOT a tourist trap, the food and time there is very good!

IMG_0660.JPG

The "Hog's Breath" is fun, and make sure you have someone to send a picture of you while you are there, over the internet!  They have a wonderful camera!

Have a great time!

beachbabesuze Platinum 3 Reviews

Haven't been to Key Largo but we love the Key West Beachside  Stayed the first time in KW at the Courtyard and even tho we were upgraded we were very disappointed with that hotel and wouldn't recommend it. 

The Beachside has a shuttle service so no need for a car. If yours is a rental save the $$ and turn it in at the airport in lieu of paying for parking.  You won't need it  Also the welcome champagne at check-in is a nice touch!  There is a small beach and even jet-ski rental available on site.  One thing you want to do while in KW is check out Sebago Watersports.  They have great packages for a fun day on the water.  We have done the Power Adventure twice.  They will throw in a sunset cruise if you mention you were referred.  Enjoy!

beachbabesuze Platinum 3 Reviews

Haven't been to Key Largo but we love the Key West Beachside  Stayed the first time in KW at the Courtyard and even tho we were upgraded we were very disappointed with that hotel and wouldn't recommend it. 

The Beachside has a shuttle service so no need for a car. If yours is a rental save the $$ and turn it in at the airport in lieu of paying for parking.  You won't need it  Also the welcome champagne at check-in is a nice touch!  There is a small beach and even jet-ski rental available on site.  One thing you want to do while in KW is check out Sebago Watersports.  They have great packages for a fun day on the water.  We have done the Power Adventure twice.  They will throw in a sunset cruise if you mention you were referred.  Enjoy!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...