9 Replies Latest reply: Jul 5, 2013 2:59 PM by iahflyr RSS

July 4th Plans

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With July 4th coming next week, curious as to what plans you and your family have planned?

This will be the second year in a row we'll be home over the 4th, so it will be BBQ time (baby back ribs and chicken) with our son and his wife, neighbors and any strays we find wandering down our cul de sac.  Since our community is under a fireworks ban again we'll walk across the street about 9 P.M. and sit on top of the hill at the sixth green at the Tournament Course to watch the fireworks display from the Town Center.  It will be a very relaxed and fun time with family and friends all sharing in our Happy Birthday America celebration, rain or shine!

Have a safe and excellent holiday all.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: July 4th Plans
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I suspect it will be a day of lounging around, doing as little as possible relaxing.  We might head over to Shelter Island and watch the fireworks there or just stay home and watch the 13 towns across the sound set theirs off.  Its not as close but I'm voting for sitting in the back yard (below), we'll see what the boss (wife) says

P1010460.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer what a gorgeous looking picture, complete relaxation.  I've already cleared our events with the "Boss" so I'm good to go.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

We are headed to San Francisco for the long weekend, to include a maiden trek to AT&T park on July 5th.  If you watch the game carefully, you'll see my husband and I directly behind home plate - and about two atmospheres up!   He'll be the one in orange and black, I'll be donning royal blue and white (with a little bling for added flair.)  Go - Giadgers?

Hoping for some aerial fireworks.  At this juncture, no announcement has been made.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Unfortunately I have to work that day but I'll make up for it later as I'm heading up to Boston the first weekend in August. Hope Everyone has a Happy and Safe 4th!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks for setting up this post. We are home (thankfully as the work travel schedule has been rough) and we are going to a nearby friends house for a cookout, pool (weather permitting) and some nice conversation. I hope everyone enjoys their 4th safely, happily and celebrates our fabulous country's birthday!

vaboywnder sorry to hear you have to be at work on this day, I know how it is to work on holidays as I did it for years.  Enjoy your holiday when you get the chance.

pluto77, are you high enough up to parachute down onto the field?   Have a great time and go all CA teams!!  Make sure to stop in to the little diner around Pier 23, it's in a silver railroad type car right across from Pier 23 Cafe.  Can't place the name but they have a great weekend breakfast and excellent mimosa's.

Our meal is set.  Another BBQ cook-off on the street.  Baby backs, brisket and chicken all lathered with BBQ sauce and slow cooked, then toss in some hot wings seasoned just right and grilled.   The ladies are making baked beans, mustard red potato salad and cole slaw.  Come on my if your travels take you to far north Houston, we'll be out in the pool so follow the music and noise.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Iahflyr,

I certainly hope not!  Thanks for the tip on the diner.  The BBQ sounds like a real stars and stripes classic.

Vaboywnder,

August, baby!

Stelzer,

Enjoy your all-American day.

Zuckracer,

One word.  Jealous!

Happy 4th, everyone.  Who else has plans?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I hope everyone's plans held to the schedule or better

I managed to pull off the slack day, nice dinner with the family and then watching fireworks across the water.  There were 17 different displays tonight, I couldn't get any really good pix, my wide angle lense only could capture 1/3 of the skyline at a time.  I also became a fluid exchange host for about 10000000 mosquitos while trying to get the pictures, so yeah, I wasn't that dedicated LOL  I did try though, here's one of them, the glow from the right side is New London CT.

backyard_070413.jpg

LMAO, "fluid exchange host", that's great and the picture is most excellent to see those many different displays.

Our little neighborhood event went off with out a stumble even though we have quite a bit of leftovers, but that's fine as I grabbed most of them!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...