3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2013 2:09 AM by poloman1818 RSS

Rewards Program = Cash + Point issue

parkerdv Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have ran across this multiple times when trying to use Cash+Points, when booking at an Actual Marriott Marque Hotel wich not allow Cash+Points but yet there's plenty of availability is using only points or just cash???? Kinda defeating the purpose here Mr Marriott business..

Second at certain times when using the Cash+Points the rate is completely different if you booked only cash compared to combining Cash+Points...

So Mr Marriott Business I guess this is called  sticking it to your elite customer base to squeeze all the cash you can from everyone!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Program = Cash + Point issue
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

parker,

Interesting stuff... Can you point out an example of the pricing you're talking about? I've never used the Points and Cash option, but have looked a couple of times. Both seemed to feature consistent pricing with a regular stay. If this has changed, it would be good to know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

parkerdv Platinum 1 Reviews

The last time I ran into it was trying to book at the Ritz in Maui... I've also ran into a couple times with Marriott's in the LA area.

poloman1818 Alumni Steward Gold

I love Marriott, but I've noticed this one as well. I was looking at multiple hotels in the Las Vegas area, and I tried various dates for the cash and points options and most times it said "cash and points rate not available". I ended up booking a hotel on points only, so I was disappointed in this feature.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...