1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 10:39 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Are purchases with etravel cards eligible for rewards points?

hsposner Platinum 6 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My family has a tradition of saving up change each year until just before vacation.  The kids would then get to use this money to purchase their own souvenirs.   In the old days, we used to roll the coins and take them to the bank to cash them in.  That became too laborious, particularly when the kids became too old to convince it was a fun job.  We then started using the Coinstar machines at the local grocery store.  The fee charged by Coinstar is now up to 9.8%, which can add up when talking about $200-$300 in change.  I see that there is the option of getting Marriott etravel cards with no fee.  If I'm staying at a property and make a purchase with one of these cards, is that purchase eligible for points?  I'm not sure how this would work, when the stay is typically tied to a credit card used on check-in?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are purchases with etravel cards eligible for rewards points?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

hsposner,

Marriott E-Cards and/or Gift Cards are treated the same as cash when redeemed.  If you have the front desk to apply the E-Card/Gift Card applied to your room folio you will still earn points.  It's been a long time since I've used a Coinstar Machine.  It's nice to know that Marriott E-Cards without penalty is now an option with Coinstar. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...