2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2013 11:52 AM by pluto77 RSS

Bilingual Toiletries

ptomczik Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

This is the second check-in in a row now that I've received two conditioners and no shampoo.  I'm not surprised by this though, considering the newly labeled Paul Mitchell bottles.  If you haven't seen them, in the past they said along the side "Shampoo" or "Conditioner", now they have the Spanish counterpart printed in the same font right next to English.  The problem lies in the Spanish word for conditioner, it's "apres shampooing".  When looking quickly at the bottle of conditioner, the word shampoo jumps out at you as it is the word closest to the top of the bottle.  I don't blame housekeeping for making this mistake, it's very poor labeling on the part of Paul Mitchell.  I wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bilingual Toiletries
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Is there something wrong with using conditioner to shampoo your hair rather than shampoo?   I think I've only done that a time or 10, sure makes ya feel really alert in the morning, sort of like waxing your car before washing it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Bilingual Toiletries
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

Hi Ptom,

Not to be nit-picky (some might say anal), but 'après shampooing' is French.  It would be nice if housekeeping tried a little harder to ensure that we get one of each, but like IAH says (and as you are quick to forgive housekeeping), who hasn't made that mistake?  I make the same mistake when I bring my own 3 oz. bottles filled from home (let's see, is it the clear bottle or is it the blue tinted bottle?)  I even make it with my jumbo 33 oz. bottles at home, at five-bleary-eyed-o'clock in the morning.   The French term really confuses the issue if your not a French speaker (and even perhaps if you are), doesn't it?

Well some are now saying you're lucky to even get a full one of these puppies (whatever they end up being) in your room, and I don't mean to confuse the issue.  While I sincerely appreciate Marriott's choice to offer the PM products (a huge improvement over former products), I've given up on complimentary hair care products in the rooms.  I just bring my own now.  Then I can only blame myself.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...