1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 10:28 AM by madmax RSS

Another Nebraska Icon!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Less than 100 miles from The FF inNorth Platte, NE was the birthplace of one of America's greatest actors:

Ward Bond,

Born in Benkelman, NE., in 1903, he was one of Americas most respected, talented and awarded actors.  He was part of more Academy Award winning movies than any actor in history.

Many of us remember him as The Wagon Master in Wagon Train, but he did much more in life.  He played football with his pal, John Wayne, and was a politically conservative person.

I have plans to visit Benkelman and salute this wonderful American Icon.

Thank-you, Ward Bond, for the entertainment you provided us, even after your death in 1960!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
North Platte, Nebraska, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites North Platte
  • Re: Another Nebraska Icon!
    madmax Gold 7 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

jerrycoin I had to laugh when I read your post...when I was traveling with my parents on the way home from visiting relatives in California, Lee Marvin was on the escalator opposite us. When I saw him (in my defense I was only 12) I blurted out "THERE'S WARD BOND!!!". The look on Mr. Marvin's face was classic...and my dad's expression wasn't much better .  I loved watching movies with him and many other icons of that era. Thanks for the reminder of an awkward but funny moment in my life. max

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...