7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2013 11:52 AM by NathalieF RSS

Mobile check in

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anybody used this yet?  I won't be travelling for a few weeks, but was just wondering if/how this mobile check in is working???

http://travel-brilliantly.marriott.com/our-innovations/check-in-app

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Mobile check in
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'm very curious how it handles upgrade possibilities and different room possibilities such as a corner room or high floor, at least if you're at the front desk checking in you can ask.  Might you be able tell us the secret NathalieF?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Those are some of the things I was wondering about too.  Sometimes it seems that the only way to get an upgrade (even if it's been requested at the time of reservation is made) is to ask at check in.  I suppose that question can always be asked when you get your key, but then the time efficiency of the mobile check in is shot.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Not to mention the time lost from when you did the mobile check-in until you arrive at the property.  Kiss that upgrade goodbye to the guy in room 1408.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

No worries, the actual room assignment and/or upgrade process still remains the same whether you check via the app or not. Watch the Exclusive News blog for additional news very soon.

curiousone Platinum

I checked my Marriott mobile app on my android phone when I read the article and there is nothing on it for mobile check in. Pretty much the same dumb useless app.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...