6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2008 1:07 PM by oldtaupeblond RSS

travel to Copenhagen

greatbooks1 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Any advice on traveling from Amsterdam to Copenhagen in July? Should I rent a car, fly, take a train? How much time should I allow? SHould I plan to stop somewhere along the way?

I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

• Re: travel to Copenhagen
    alyslee Gold 5 Reviews
    Copenhagen is great! I was there last year, would definitely return, the water t

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

greatbooks1 Silver

Somehow I only got to see the first few words of your post and I would love to read the rest!

Can you re-post or can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I clicked on "continue reading" but didn't see any more text.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

misha1 Silver
    Hi!  I recently went to Amsterdam and live in Copenhagen.  It is far easier to fly than to take the train or drive.  Flights within Europe are cheap and easy.  IMHO, Copenhagen doesn't warrant more than a day or two unless you have lots of time on your hands.  If you like castles, head to Hillerod and see Frederiksborg Slot.....an amazing sight and not nearly as well known or visited as it should be.  If you like church's and vikings, head to Roskilde.  The cathedral there is amazing....it's where most of the royals are buried and their tombs are jaw dropping.  The Viking Ship Museum near here is also good.  Have Fun!

greatbooks1 Silver
    Thanks Misha1, for the helpful info. It doesn't look like I will get there this summer, but next summer I will be trying to go during the Jazz Festival. I hope you liked Amsterdam. We have been twice and want to go again so that's why I am trying to link the trips. Thanks again.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Marriott in Copenhagen, is close to the train station and a short ride from Hamlets Castle.  You can take the ferry to Sweden for the day and get back.

You are in for a special time! 

oldtaupeblond Platinum
    We stayed at the Copenhagen Marriott a few years ago, and had a fabulous time. It was our first use of points, and we were not sure what to expect. Well, we were treated llike honored guests, given early check in, and a room facing the canal. Tivoli Gardens was within walking distance. The hotel had a modestly priced tour that took us all around the city, then brought us dock-side for our Baltic cruise. Would definitely recommend! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...