0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2013 5:28 PM by robertlstein RSS

"Welcome to Good Mornings, Enjoy Breakfast on Us" postcard.  Are they kidding?

robertlstein Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Just got a nice postcard that stated the existing policy of free continental breakfast for two when staying at Marriott properties. 

I had hoped this indicated a change at Courtyard properties, but of course that policy doesn't apply to that chain.

Having recently been working with a client where there is no convenient Marriott property, I status matched with, ahem, Hilton (will be Diamond in a few more weeks).  It seems Hilton doesn't cheap out on business travelers by devaluing any benefits at their lower-tier brands.

I've previously posted about the Courtyards' 100% consistency of never offering room upgrades and the looks from desk staff when asked about them. Many others have posted that CY has taken free coffee away (replacing it with what generously can be called "swill.") to "encourage" guests to buy the Starbucks now available in the Bistros.

I am now seriously re-thinking my long-term, up till recent exclusive relationship with Marriott properties.

But getting back to the postcard, why did they need to send me information on something I already knew?  Marriott: if you're listening, you are developing a lot of unhappy loyal Courtyard guests and need to re-think how you market this brand to business travelers, especially higher MR tiers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...