14 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2013 2:43 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Airport in Stuttgart Germany!!

sidbaby1936 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I will be having a 6 hour layover in Stuttgart on the first phase of my honeymoon journey.

My question to the masses is: what is there to  do at the airport? I have seen online that the first Sunday of every month they have an event or festival.

I will be there the first Sunday in Oct.

looking for things to do to pass the time away.

Not enough time to rent a car and sigh tsee.

Any and all info feedback will be greatly appreciated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Stuttgart, Germany
  • Re: Airport in Stuttgart Germany!!
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sidbaby,

Yes, there is plenty to do for six hours at the Stuttgart Airport!

If you don't want to stay there the entire time, take the tram to downtown and enjoy Stuttgart for an hour or two.  It connects from the Airport to downtown.  Enjoy some great German food!

BTW, enjoy watching the autobahn in front of the airport, you will see some wonderful automobiles at high rates of speed!

Good luck, and again, congratulations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Stuttgart, Germany

jerrycoin,

How far of a tram ride is it into town from the airport?

Is it easy to navigate etc... my german is nonexistant!!! lol

Do i need a pass/ticket for the tram?

Looking forward to some GOOD German food!!!!

Once again, replies from you and others are making this trip easier to plan and more exciting

sidbaby,

The train is called, "The sub train", and takes 27 minutes one way, and you will have to buy a ticket!

You won't need to worry about speaking German to enjoy the airport or downtown!  You will have no problem getting good German food either!

Go to:

stuttgart-airport.com/travelers-and-visitors

or just go on Google, you will find all the answers you need!

I have always enjoyed Stuttgart, it is a highly industrialized city, but most interesting!

jerrycoin,

Thanks once again for your input and info..

You and fellow insiders are greatly helping me plan everything and making it alot easier

Thanks once again

Brian

sidbaby,

Try to have one meal, during your "Layover" someplace in Stuttgart!  Just make sure you have three hours to get downtown, dine, and get back in time to clear security!

Have a great trip, and thanks for the nice comments!

tstumpf1102 Platinum

Sidbaby,

I agree with Jerrycoin that going to downtown Stuttgart would be a great idea for doing some sightseeing. The train will take you in approx. 30 minutes to the main station and then you can walk around the pedestrian area, see the castle and do some shopping.

You can check out some details at http://www.stuttgart-tourist.de/en/indexENG/stuttgart_info/ipunkt.htm

Have fun and enjoy your honeymoon!

Tim

Tim,

I appreciate you and the rest of the community taking time to post your ideas and suggestions, very helpful to me during my planning of our trip.

Thanks once again

Brian

sid,

Have a great time!

You will enjoy Stuffgart!

jerrycoin,

Wellllll, my travel plans got changed a little...instead of flying into Stuttgart we are now flying into Dusseldorf!!!!! So, any info you have on THIS airport would be greatly appreciated LOL

Cant express to the community how much useful  info i have gotten from you all...with the trip right around the corner it has made it very easy and alot less stressful with all the tips, hints ideas etc.....

A heart felt thanks

sg1974 Gold

How long is the stopover in dusseldorf?

when we visited cologne we flew intro dusseldorf it is a 35 minute direct train journey.

this would only be a viable option if you had the time.

sg1974

We will have about a 6 hour layover in Dusseldorf before we fly into Salzburg

tstumpf1102 Platinum

Sidbaby,

I agree with Jerrycoin that going to downtown Stuttgart would be a great idea for doing some sightseeing. The train will take you in approx. 30 minutes to the main station and then you can walk around the pedestrian area, see the castle and do some shopping.

You can check out some details at http://www.stuttgart-tourist.de/en/indexENG/stuttgart_info/ipunkt.htm

Have fun and enjoy your honeymoon!

Tim

You will enjoy getting out of the airport and relaxing downtown Stuttgart!

You will enjoy a "Touch of real Germany"!

DSCN0139_0111.jpg

This is the kind of place you can enjoy, while visiting Stuttgart.  Even if you have a very limited amount of time, it will be a lot of fun!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...