9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2014 1:14 AM by john_thai RSS

Salt Lake City

sam1234 Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Why are so many hotels sold out during the last week of July in Salt Lake city>

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Salt Lake City
    poloman1818 Alumni Steward Gold

Sam... Do you mean the last full week or the last few days?

Pioneer Day is on Wednesday the 24th, and it is a huge celebration/event with many LDS traveling back home to Utah to see family.

Hope that helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

For those not familiar with Utah holidays, it's the day when the pioneers first arrived Brigham Young looked out over the Salt Lake Valley and said "This is the place". Although having lived there I often wonder if they punctuated it right. Maybe he said "This is the place????"

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Sam,

I actually had a booking for the last week of July and cancelled it because the airfares were so high. It would have been the most expensive coach class airline ticket I had ever bought. I changed my time (at The Park City Summit Watch timeshare resort) to August 6 and had no problem re-scheduling when I saw the airfares dropped to less than $750 for two people during that time frame. The July air tix were over $950 per person for a non-refundable fare.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tef,

I had cancelled my trip to Summit Watch in PC for the same reason.  I really enjoy that hotel, but if you have done it a few times, the airfare is a "Killer"!

Hope you have a great time!

From where? South Africa?

Way too high.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi John. The fare quote to Salt Lake was from Fort Walton Beach/Pensacola, Florida. And yes, the fare was way too high.

24th is Pioneer Day, the biggest state holiday. With some religious overtones so SLC fills up fast.

mensa58 Member 1 Reviews

It could have been the Outdoor Retailer Show.  I believe it officially started last Wednesday or Thursday -- OK, the first few days of August rather than the end of July, but I have an easier time finding a room during Pioneer Day festivities than the Outdoor Retailer Show.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

sam1234  Maybe there is a Marriott customer service convention that week and all the awesome reps who work there are staying free in local Marriotts? just kidding.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...