4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 1:07 PM by NathalieF RSS

Marriott rewards, best ever?

tonibaloni Gold 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stay with marriott a lot on business and have been delighted with the rewards scheme, my wife and myself have enjoyed quite a few free nights allowing us to visit cities in the UK we might noot have seen.

thanks Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott rewards, best ever?
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

That's great and we're delighted to hear it - thank you!! You and your wife are quite welcome and in speaking on behalf of the community, we can't wait to hear about and see photos from your adventures. Welcome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tonibaloni Gold 5 Reviews

Hi there,

thanks for that, indeed we have just spent a lovely night in Aberdeen, that I have just posted a review of, courtesy of the rewards system, driving toward platinum at the moment, 3 nights in Newcastle this week!

blueoceana Gold

I've been staying at Marriott properties a lot of late. I typically enjoy the Marriott experience, but lately I've been disappointed somewhat.

As an incentive, Marriott recently ran a "Taste of Gold" promotion that conferred Gold level Marriott Rewards status to select customers (I was one such customer).The "exclusive benefits" are set out below.

With yesterday's stay at a Marriott Courtyard, I've fulfilled my end of the bargain and will supposedly retain Gold level membership until sometime in 2015. As it turned out though, during the qualifying period Marriott had not taken the time to upgrade my membership profile. Consequently, each time I checked into a Marriott property the desk would not recognize my upgraded (Gold) status and thus would not offer the benefits that were rightly mine.

I can't help feeling that my Marriott Rewards account has been somehow relegated to a less-preferred position by this obvious error, and I'm now wondering if I want to associate myself with an organization that has come after my business, received it, but in doing so failed to live up to its side of the promotional arrangement.

Your exclusive benefits include:

Guaranteed Lounge Access at JW Marriott hotels,

EDITION hotels, Renaissance hotels or Marriott

hotels (excluding resorts)

Room Upgrade

Free High-Speed Internet Access

25 Percent Bonus on Marriott Rewards Points

To keep receiving these benefits through February 2015,

just stay 6 times between April 1 and June 30, 2013.

We hope you’re enjoying your upgrade to Gold Elite status. Don't forget - this one ends 06/30/13

Your Gold Elite status will expire June 30, 2013, so book your next stay today, and keep enjoying

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

blueoceana, I'll look into this for you to see what's happening.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...