6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 5:23 PM by NathalieF RSS

Changes to Web Page Layout

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Well, it looks like the geeks that design this web site have been busy. In the past the Destinations/Marriott Rewards/Travel Tips/Other Topics home pages have all had the same page layout. In the last week or so I have noticed that the Destinations home page no longer has a Recent Conversations button, but Marriott Rewards/Travel Tips/Other Topics still have a Recent Conversations button. Come on guys (and gals) how about keeping some consistency?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Changes to Web Page Layout
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'll file this one as a community suggestion and I can see how that would be helpful as hotel reviews dominate the recent activity within "Destinations". I should have a button up for you shortly. if only everything could be this quick!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

madmax Gold 7 Reviews

I have another community suggestion: on the home page I love the photo credits but you need drop down windows for the PLAN YOUR JOURNEY and SHARE YOUR STORY sections so that the pics are not covered. If you are going to feature pictures I would like to actually see them before going further into the sections...maybe just me but...

Thanks madmax, we had that same thought in some new versions we're working on now. We'll show them to the community for feedback.

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

I have no idea of how this web site is organized.  I get around multiple automotive web sites, but this one throws me.

What are the difference?  It makes no sense.  I can understand Hotel Reviews & People, but what's the difference between Discussions & Blogs?  Discussions about what?  Blogs about what?

What's the need for Groups and Topics?  Don't you blog about Topics?  Groups of what?  Where do I find the comment I made about Starbucks coffee?  Is it in Discussions, Blogs, Groups or Topics??? I have no idea since I didn't know I needed to write down the GPS position of the post.

Maybe other folks that use the site understand the organization. 

Corvette Forums - Corvette Enthusiast Site  This site doesn't look as pretty as this one, but it works and you can get to what you want to read or talk about from the first page.  Another one, not as pretty, but it works:  MX-5 Miata Forum

Thanks for the input and examples red-in-la, stay tuned for significant changes to site navigation and organization =) . In the meantime, feel free to reference the Insiders Community Site Map, Tutorials, FAQs and more in the Community Help and Support section.

Here are some concepts we've floated past Insiders.

Spark Results: Community Navigation Elements

The specified item was not found.

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

Your welcome.

I would like to point out that you made my point.  A site that needs 4 support sections on how to get around it is in dire need of help.  Style has overcome function and simplicity.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...