5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 11:42 AM by mdphillips69 RSS

Cosmopolitan Las Vegas July 2013 Platinum Rewards question

sunworship Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a Platinum member staying for 5 nights on points at The Cosmopolitan in July.  I'm hoping for an upgrade (as I am usually able to get when staying at a Marriott property, even when using points).  Since I'm arriving at the property late at night (midnight) would you suggest that I call ahead to ask for an upgrade?  I've never called ahead to ask for an upgrade before--I've just been very pleasant to the person behind the desk who was helping me and I've been lucky enough to get one when available.  I've read on this forum (on a different thread) that when someone arrived at night they got very poor service by the night manager and they were given a less than acceptable room. 

I wouldn't normally be concerned if I were checking in late at night at an "regular" Marriott property....but where this is an "autograph" hotel I'm not sure that I'll get the service and perks that I'm accustomed to.

Any help is much appreciated!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cosmopolitan Las Vegas July 2013 Platinum Rewards question
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I would certainly call the hotel and ask to speak with the Front Desk Manager, tell them your arrival situation being very late and simply ask if you care be upgraded prior to check-in.  I've done this many times and it seems to work best at hotels we are making return stays, but you don't ask the answer is always the same....No!

Good luck

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sunworship Platinum

Thank you IAHFLYR!  That's what I figured but like I said I have never called ahead of time to actually ask.  I've done it in person many times (which I think is more personal, of course). ....and most of the times I just get upgraded automatically due to Platinum.   So you literally just call and ask for the Front Desk Manager and come out and say "I'm a Platinum member and I'd like to see if I could get an upgrade when I arrive"? 

garywhalen Platinum 2 Reviews

SW,

I've stayed at the Cosmopolitan, and I too am Platinum.  I called ahead, mentioned I had a reservation, and asked if my Marriott number was in my reservation.  (I knew it likely was but it better allowed for the the next comment/question.)  I mentioned being Platinum and said I hoped that got me a nice room.  It did.  I was given a room with a balcony overlooking the Bellagio Fountains.  Great view!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

SW,

Yep, I'd call and tell them your arrival time is very late in the evening and you'd like to check ahead to see about the possibility of an upgrade. Just let it all roll from there and see what happens.  They may want you to call a day or two ahead due to hotel occupancy but give it a try.

mdphillips69 Platinum 9 Reviews

Call Marriott's Platinum desk and ask that they mark your reservation with a Platinum Elite upgrade request.  Then, on the day before or day of arrival, call the hotel and ask to speak to the front desk manager, just to "confirm" that your Platinum elite upgrade was noted on your reservation.  I've done this in the past and the manager will usually confirm the upgrade while on the phone, assuming upgraded rooms/suites are available.  Good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...