8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 28, 2015 3:53 PM by txman RSS

Earning points

rcortes74 Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was told that you earn 10 points per dollar spent at Fairfield Inn compared to 5 points per dollar spent at Courtyards or Residence Inn.. I will be switching brands!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning points
    pevers Platinum 2 Reviews

You'll earn 10 points at all properties except Residence Inn and TownPlace Suites, where you earn 5. .Stays at Executive Apartments will also earn you less both in points and in nights.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sidbaby1936 Gold 3 Reviews

True pevers,

The best thing to do is read on the homepage all the benefits and point break downs that apply or in some cases dont apply. This way it will take all of the guess work out for you.

erc Platinum

Good suggestion sidbaby. 

Earn Points for Rewards | Get Marriott Points

Note that several brands earn points for Room Rate Only

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

I didn't realize that.  Can you please provide more info with which brands you only earn points for room rate only vs on everything(?)  Any additional insight is appreciated.

erc Platinum

gomer

Earn Points for Rewards | Get Marriott Points

Three tiers - those where you earn 10 points for dollars spent and those where you earn 10 points for room rate only (of course, some parking doesn't earn points, taxes don't earn points, and the ambiguous 'fees' don't always earn points).

The third tier are the 5 points per room rate dollar at Residence Inn and Towne Place Suites.

Ritz only earns points on room rate also

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks erc!

boomer Platinum

Near my Corporate office there is a Residence Inn and, a few miles further, a Fairfield Inn.  I usually stay at the Fairfield for the higher point value.   I usually get upgraded to a suite so the room ends up being close to what the RI would be.

txman Gold

I agree I stay away from the RI because the points are half valued. What doesn't make sense to me is that several of the RI that I have looked at requires more points to stay than the Fairfield inn. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...