6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2013 12:06 PM by eb5147 RSS

How about this as an Insider benefit?

erc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Reading the recent answer to a question about how to post a review (Marriott CY Times Sq. West, which btw, excellent response time Andy) got me thinking about a possible Insiders' benefit that could prove significant and should be goal congruent with Marriott.

Because the property wasn't listed for reviews, it made me think of new hotels, which made me think of the number of new hotels, like the CY  NY Manhattan/Herald Square,

where if you catch them early enough in the pricing grid, offer terrific prices (so good, that I, Mr. ABC*  booked a stay for the Labor Day holiday).

Since Marriott, understandably, prices for revenue/profit optimization, the fact that these 'early bird' specials exist (which granted, don't last long) indicates that to get the traffic flowing, Marriott is willing to deal. Is there a way (or does a list exist somewhere) for upcoming new properties to be listed on Insiders, where we (and that includes the 54,000 new members who played your review contest) can go and check out the pricing grid?

Note: I'm not asking for any proprietary data or any special deals - just a look at the grid's arm's length market prices of publically announced soon to be opened properties (yes, they are of course, already in the matrix, but one must stumble upon them - similar to many of the Member Exclusive Offers)**. Egocentric that I am, I of course, feel Insiders would be an excellent (if not deserved) target audience.

What are your thoughts NathalieF and michellel2 and Insiders?

*AnywhereButCourtyard

**please - to avoid distraction from the Post's question - no response needed on all Member Exclusive Offers being gathered together in the offers package - we've danced that dance before.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How about this as an Insider benefit?
    erc Platinum

The market has spoken;

And I bow to that

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

erc,

Not quite sure how it might work without them sharing competitive intel with the wrong folks, but I like the idea of providing some sort of early warning system or exclusives on new properties to insiders.  I am pretty confident there are marketing folks from other major chains enjoying the benefits of insiders.

erc Platinum

psudad

Thank you for the response. It may keep the thought alive (it's hard nowadays with the six second shelf life due to reviews).

I'm in agreement with your concern over competitive data and completely respect the need to protect it.

Here's an example of two upcoming new properties already on the pricing matrix on Marriott.com (without prices yet)

Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie

261 Essa Road Barrie, Ontario L4N 9C7

Washington Marriott Marquis

901 Massachusetts Avenue NW Washington, DC 20001

What I think would be useful to Insiders would be a flash notice of when Marriott first puts up the prices.

We could then, if interested, take a quick glance checking for any prices that might appeal to us. Marriott is offering the prices, so it's not as if it's not public knowledge (and if the competitors are like Marriott who D.Roberts said on CNBC had prices for all competitors - they're going to have the info anyway, probably before us).

Again, thanks for responding so as least to give me a chance to explain further.

Hopefully I can get an insight from Andy or Michellel  (they certainly don't want me setting my hair on fire like they said occurs on that other forum )

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Maybe not through Insiders, but via favorite hotels in My Account? I can pass along the idea but I wouldn't hold your breath . In the meantime, there is the directory of new hotels that can be manually monitored. Find new hotels by Marriott

erc Platinum

Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for - thank you. As many times as I've looked at the Hotel Directory under Explore and Plan, I never found this rascal (I still struggled after you pointed it out). For anyone else interested, it's (New Hotels) under the Hotel Directory page under Hotel Preferences, third column in Hotel Type, first link New Hotel.

This effort required, pretty much moves it out of the road warrior's worthwhile pursuits, but for the leisure, pay on your own, traveler, it's well worth it - opening prices often run $50-$100 less than the eventual going rate (which to a travel bum like myself is reason enough to possibly go somewhere).   Thanks for the response.

and thanks psudad for like popping a beach ball back up in the air, kept this alive.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

There are sometimes bonus points associated with the new properties, also.  We went to a new CY in Homestead, FL and got a bonus of 2500 points without having known of that benefit.  That was Nov, 2012.

I also like to check the specials for this hotel.  Sometimes, they charge more for them and it's not worth the extra charge, though.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...