19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2013 1:00 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Historical Antecedents

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Document3 - Microsoft Word non-commercial use 6132013 93636 AM.bmp.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Historical Antecedents
    erc Platinum

Sunday morning                                  Monday morning

Oh yeah, baby!                                   Oh no, man!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Doh!!!!

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

K-Rations

C-Rat 1975  C-rations (note the substitution of chewing gum for the cigarettes)

MRE

Remember well Husker and Surplus Stores have them around.

big in the preppers market.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Anadyr

Are you predicting that warm meals being offered in f/s Marriott CL's will stop on June 22nd? 

erc Platinum

While anadyr finishes munching on his Hooah! bar, I'll toss my two cents in - I certainly don't think the number of nice CL breakfasts will remain static. Whereas several of the more service oriented properties will maintain hot item servings, I believe once again Marriott will be gravitating to the lowest common denominator as it relates to services. I'm thinking/hoping skiadcock includes this data in her superb CL thread on flyertalk. To me, a hearty breakfast consumer (actually I'm a hearty consumer of all meals), it's worthy of a pre-stay call to the property. Based on the price of buffets, I might just opt for a Springhill or a different property depending on the answer.

erc, I agree with you that the new standard will trickle down to many properties that are currently exceeding it.  skiadcock disagrees however and thinks that won't happen.  And I've been calling ahead to full service Marriotts in advance of my stay for the past at least couple of years since phase one of the breakfast demise was implemented.

true

Warm will be only if they forget to keep them at room temps.   Continental breakfasts may include oatmeal or grits but otherwise the food should be cold.

GRITS are grreat at any temp.  I know...I'm married to one.

Love grits with butter!!  Oh forget the grits!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Well, I am then in the minority.  I am fairly confident that those f/s Marriotts serving breakfast in their CL's with hot choices will continue to do so. I believe this will actually force those non-conforming properties to at least serve a continental breakfast.  Let's see. I would surely be very displeased if the f/s Marriott I am staying in on June 22nd removed the bacon and eggs from their CL offering and had nothing more than traditional Continental breakfast fare.   Regarding the weekend stays, I am expecting those that offer a buffet-style breakfast experience in the Restaurant will continue to offer breakfast certificates covering whatever you want to eat from the buffet. 

Bet ya you're right, maybe, but then again I thought shoe polishers would be in the rooms forever along with slippers and full shampoo bottles.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I'm so glad they took the shoe polishers out of the rooms, they didn't do a thing for my flip flops!!

I hope shoeman1000 is correct and we'll continue to see the hot food selections offered where they have done so for years.  I so looked forward to the breakfast at the PHL Airport Marriott as it was always fresh, hot, tasty and a great send off to the flight home after being away for two or three weeks only going home on weekends.

Actually those polishers really worked well on my brass buckles and in a pinch could be a toothbrush--a Flowbee for the mouth!

Shoeman, up until 2 or 3 years ago, every full service Marriott, Renaissance, and JW I stayed at on weekends offered the full breakfast buffet for platinum members.  Then the corporate standard changed, and many of those properties quit.  It didn't happen overnight, in fact there are some that still offer this benefit, and yet others that offered it as recent as six months ago and have now stopped.  I hope the places you stay will continue to meet your expectations.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

NU,

Well put!

It is sad to see the "Downgrading" we have all experienced!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...