5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 10:46 PM by curiousone RSS

How does Travel/Air Package Work?

buzzlightyear3 Silver 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

A Marriott Sales agent told us that we could use the Travel/Air award from the Marriott Rewards Program and split the airline points from the hotel voucher.   Can someone tell me how that would work?   I'd be interested in getting the airline miles credited to our airline frequent flyer program for use for a trip we're planning.   The miles wouldn't cover full tickets but they would help.   Can I then just hold onto the 7 night hotel voucher for use some other time?   Is there an expiration date on the hotel voucher?  Anything else I should know about using the Travel/Air packages?

Thanks for your help!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How does Travel/Air Package Work?
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Imweaver,

tker who is a former Stewart on Insiders did a blog on the travel packages.  He put together a lot of good information that you may find helpful.

Travel Package Overview

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks very much.   That was very helpful.   I have one more question that I'll post on the blog.

curiousone Platinum

bly3

I did not see your question about hotel vouchers answered in the tker summary. The hotel voucher does have a12 month limit, but typically can be extended if you call ask for an extension, BEFORE IT EXPIRES. Also, check out your airline program. I did a TP last December using Southwest Airlines. I transferred 120,000 points to SWA and discovered that once my SWA account went over 110,000 point I got a free companion for 1 year! My 120,000 became equal to 240,000 points. My wife and I are doing a lot of 3 - 4 day weekend trips this year that we had not been planning back in December when I was working on the TP. In my TP I did a Cat 7 hotel so we stayed at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront. Surprisingly, this did not jump up to a category 8 in the last round of revisions. I expect I will be doing another TP late this year, they are about the best value Marriott has. I am not sure that the 5 day TP is limited to time share owners. I was just told to call in and ask for the 5 day instead of the 7 day.

Thanks!   That's very helpful and sounds great.  Do you know anywhere where a point chart for the 5 day TP is very posted?

curiousone Platinum

Not posted, you have to call up and ask about it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...