4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2013 8:16 PM by m15ser RSS

Something new (and mildly irritating): Reservation page

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else seen this?  It's a new one on me...  Today, on the Reservation page, I put in a city and my dates - then I get the list of hotels and the rates - the normal "from $-__ USD/night" list - then I click through to view rates, and.  WHOA... the lowest rates are $60 per night higher than on the previous page.  That's a bummer.  I'm guessing it's just a (minor) computer glitch, and it's not the end of the world, and there are plenty of hotels in NYC, so I'll keep looking.

I've commented previously - at length - about the joys and complexity of market pricing in certain areas, particularly New York, where timing and research can really save you money and create unique opportunities.  See: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/8367 In the time it took me to type this post, the rates (for all of the properties) changed again - wow - some up, some down...  Ah, NYC, it's always interesting....

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York, New York, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
  • Re: Something new (and mildly irritating): Reservation page
    sg1974 Gold

I have noticed this recently.

From what I have seen it seems to be when the rates change during the stay.

I have seen rates from $150 for example, but this might be only one of the 4 nights and the rest of the nights are over $200.

I'd probably be happier to see the average rate per night over the period that I am looking at.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

I've also noticed that they advertise on the initial search results page the "purchase in advance" rate, which can be significantly lower than their regular rate.  It would be nice if there was some label on the results page that indicated that the rate is a "purchase in advance rate that cannot be canceled."

erc Platinum

ssindc

Grab a beer and wade thru this - you'll know your in good company   http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/61671#61671

My goal this summer; to grab a meal at Chasin' Tails, thanks for the tip. Go Nats (oh well)

m15ser Gold 3 Reviews

I noticed the "purchase in advance rate" too. I also wish that this had a special tag so that I easily could tell just by looking this is what type of rate this is. If something I have planned isn't that far away I'll take the chance on that rate, but I've had so many events cancelled or moved to a different day that I don't always want to take that rate. I like the flexibility of being able to cancel.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...