4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 10, 2013 2:33 PM by anadyr RSS

Gas Stations

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated
There I was at the gas station this morning before church about 7:30am. I spot an older homeless guy as he walks by lighting up near the pumps. I am not thrilled and we don't make eye contact after that. He leans against the mini-mart wall absent-mindely smoking when a car drives up, the driver rulls down his window, says hello and asks how the doctor's visit wwnt. The homeless guys speaks clearly about his physical health, his prognosis, and things in general. He, and other drivers who volunteer,  head out early, checking on the homeless, seeing to their needs, making sure they are OK. No money passed hands, just the spirit of human kindness. Guess I need to be more sympathetic, but then I was on my way to church!

Life's lessons happen in the most incredible places, even at the Union 76 at the corner of Pacific and Munras in old Monterey.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Monterey Marriott
  • Re: Gas Stations
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Great story!

This is a tale from the past.  Today, most of us are afraid to even look at "Lost children" or "People in need"!

When you have had your identity stolen (I have, two times}, you get a little paranoid. 

Thanks for your post!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Very good story, anadyr.  It reminds us how we are the same inside, but are many times separated by what life has dealt to us.

Jerry, that can't have been any fun.  I've never had my identity stolen, probably because they would think they got ripped off, if they stole my identity

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I always look forward to your stories anadyr as you always seem to hit the nail right on the head. Thanks for sharing to help us look at life in a different fashion.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Thanks folks.  I try to be a better person but there are times when I need that reminder.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...