4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 10:56 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Length of Membership

nater50 Platinum 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

All of the talk about Lifetime Status has me curious.... I know I will hit it, it's just a matter of when. I'm assuming one can tell how long they've been a member based on the first 3 digits in their rewards number...

Mine are 047.... where does the likely put me? (I've been platinum for 5 consecutive years and premier for last two. *(I hope I haven't broken any posting rules here)*

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Length of Membership
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

You might be right.  My husband's number is 395 and he became a lifetime elite about a year before they eliminated the 12 year requirement after many years of almost being unused when my husband's company wouldn't use Marriott. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

I don't think the first three digits correlate.  Mine are 077 and I think I have been a Marriott Rewards member since the first year or two of the program.  My fist credited stay was at the Houston Astrodome Marriott in 1985 althought I stayed at the Maui Marriott in March 1983 right after it opened.  I have kept a spreadsheet of all my hotel stays and just checking it to check the date of the Houston Astrodome stay, there are a lot of good memories in the list!

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I'm 25 years in the program but don't know how to tell, other than asking Marriott Rewards.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Nater 50,

Here are the requirements for earning Lifetime Status:

Lifetime Silver Elite250 nights + 1.2 million points
    Lifetime Gold Elite500 nights + 1.6 million points
    Lifetime Platinum Elite750 nights + 2 million points

https://www.marriott.com/marriott/rewards/elite-benefits.mi

You should be able to log into your rewards account online to see how many lifetime nights you have earned.  Unfortunately there is no way to view how many total lifetime points you have earned online.  You can contact Marriott Rewards customer service via email or phone to find out where you are at with lifetime points.  I've been keeping a spreadsheet and updating it once a year to keep tabs on my progress.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...