11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 10:09 PM by medsales RSS

Are there Multiple Platinum Levels

jimbomarie Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me if there are two different Platinum levels, Platinum Elite and Platinum Premiere, or are they used interchangeably?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Are there Multiple Platinum Levels
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

There are 2 different levels, not including Platinum Elite Lifetime.

Platinum is for 75 nights or more.  Platinum Premier is a reward of a certain top percentage of group, but generally would focus on people staying probably more than 100 nights.  The criteria for that level are pretty much undisclosed for a certainty as to say who will be chosen for that level.  Can't say that it counts for anything more than a special gift at the time that they are chosen, around March of each year.  They are considered a bit more for special consideration of upgrades, too, it seems.  No real certainty other than that there are 2 platinum levels. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

rebels1 Platinum 7 Reviews

I have the same question. What is the difference between Platinum Elite and Premiere? Also, how do I know if I have achieved lifetime Platinum status? It says I have to hit 750 nights (I am at 803) and 2 million points. Where can I find my lifetime points?

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That information is not available online through your profile, you have to call customer service to find out.

musictomyears Platinum 6 Reviews

Call the Platinum Rewards Number:

Marriott Rewards members call: 800-399-4229.  Once you ask about it, if you qualify, they will send you a lifetime membership card.   We had no idea we were eligible until we asked.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

@jimbomarie,

Platinum Premier is a level for the top 3% of Platinum members in a given year. They get basically no tangible benefits over regular Plat. or Lifetime Plat.

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Here's some "user information" (for the last two calendar years) on platinum premiere qualification:  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1201

medsales Platinum 14 Reviews

I did overhear a Manager at a Property state that they were overbooked. There was a Platinum Elite member at the desk trying to get a room. She was not able to bump anyone for this member. She did however tell her desk manager ( after the member left ) any time a Platinum Premier member showed up that they would always get a room. So far that is the only true difference I have heard.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...