6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 2:16 PM by anadyr RSS

Elite reward nights vs. points

cpitcock12 Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have 41 Elite Rewards nights on my account but only 137,000 points. How do I redeem these 41 nights or are these nights calculated according to a 10k point stay per night? Whenever I look at redeeming my points for future stays, I only see my total points not my elite nights. What gives and can I get the actual 41 elite night stays?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite reward nights vs. points
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I am assuming when you say Elite Rewards nights you are referring to the 'Nights Earned' that you see in the activity page of Marriott.com when you log in. Elite Rewards nights are nothing more than a running total of paid nights you have stayed at Marriott properties. They are compiled to get silver, gold and platinum status for the year.

There are two numbers in your 'Activity page'. One is nights for the current year and the other is lifetime nights. The Lifetime' nights compile towards lifetime status levels for silver, gold and platinum.

Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

These are earned toward status of elite membership and therefore not redeemable.  Sorry.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

To add to Tef and Anadyr, this is your score toward achieving status:  10 for silver, 50 for gold, 75 for platinum.

You acquire these reward nights by either a payed night's stay at a marriot property or, if you carry the Marriott Visa, through both your annual renewal and through spending.

Example, if you carry the Premier Visa, on your anniversary, you are credited 15 reward nights, toward your status achievement.  That already puts you past silver and on your way to gold.  Also, you get one reward night's credit for every $3,000 in spending.

If you host an event or meeting at a Marriott property and contract with your marriott rewards number, you get 10 nights credit for each event.

But again, points and reward nights are not the same.  You accumulate points, which you can use for rewards lodging or for merchandise.  You accumulate rewards nights, toward status.

And you get one elite qualifying night on your birthday if you've signed up for that.

thor Gold 13 Reviews

Anadyr, how do I sign up for that elite qualifying night on my birthday and is that a free cert or just towards status?  Thank you.

Call Marriott Rewards and tell them your date of birth, and they will do the rest.  If you are unlucky enough to have been born on 29 Feb they may make an accomodation for you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...