5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2014 11:43 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

another hotel falls to Starbucks

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My last evening at the Chicago Midway Marriott was marred by seeing a new Starbucks coffee maker installed .  Another hotel I won't be able to enjoy a good cup of coffee at.  The Glenpointe Marriott at Teaneck fell some time ago.  I'm stuck with orange juice or water.

I don't know what it is about Marriott's instance that they only offer a burned, strong, over-caffeinated coffee.  Why not a regular coffee similar to Yum-Yum donuts, McDonalds or the blend they had before Starbucks?  Especially since those who drink SB can drink regular coffee, but those of us that can't handle it are SOL.

Another one of Marriott's survey questions that I missed I'm assuming.  Just like that Bistro thing with more Starbucks. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: another hotel falls to Starbucks
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

red-in-la

I had grown tired of starbucks burnt blend and fortunately found a nearby DD to get my kicks.  However, when in a pinch and theonly option you have is starbucks, get their Blonde Blend.  It is much lighter, and with the right amount of milk tasted sorta close toDD.  give it a try.

Shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for the suggestion, but no thank you.  I'm not about to spend money for a drink that was previously included in my room rate.  Further, the "blond" blend is not available in the CL's in the Marriott's that have succumbed to the Starbucks scourge.

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

shoeman1000,

I too find Starbucks to have a burnt taste and have always been disappointed when they are the only options in a property I am staying at.  Recently, I have tried the blond roast and don't mind it (though it is no DD).  Just last weekend I stopped in a Starbucks and ordered a blond roast and they told me they don't brew it after 12 noon, but they could do a pour over for me.  I am glad they stopped brewing after noon, the pour over was way better than brewed blond roast.

Next time you find yourself drinking Starbucks blond roast, consider asking them to do a pour over for you.

Order a Pour-Over to Get Fresh, Properly Brewed Coffee at Starbucks

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I have never heard of that and will most certainly give it a go.  thanks for the tip!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Many have told me about Starbucks' burnt flavor even those who like it. I wouldnt know--Im not a coffee drinker.  I like coffee desserts though.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...