11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2014 12:54 AM by panusr RSS

Lifetime Status

cjkim Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It's hard to find out where I stand on the lifetime status. My account activity shows the total number of nights but not the total number of points I have earned to date. Does anybody know how to see the total points from the web site?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime Status
    lovetotravellady Platinum 1 Reviews

You will have to call Marriot Rewards - very easy  - I called them a month ago and it took about 5 minutes but they were able to provide me with my total points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

cjkim,

lovetotravel is right you would need to call or email Marriott Rewards customer service to get that information.  I recommend keeping a running total once you get the info.  I have a excel file that  I maintain and update once a year to keep track of my progress.

cjkim Platinum

Thank you for letting me know how I can get the current point balance. But I thought it would be easy enough for Marriott to implement such a feature on the web site to show the current balance so that we don't have to track with our Excel spreadsheet, etc. They have the numbers. Why not just show the numbers like they do with the number of nights stayed this year, lifetime, or otherwise.

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

Great idea. I am calling tomorrow.

jimbomarie Platinum 4 Reviews

You can read your total lifetime rewards nights in your account status.  However, to understand what you need to achieve Lifetime Silver (400 I believe), Gold (500 I believe) and Platinum(750) and you also need to know your lifetime total points, Number of years you have participated in MR and have achieved the respective level at least once during your Lifetime.  It is a good idea to maintain a spreadsheet and calling MR will update you on present status.

tlwhite Platinum 12 Reviews

Are the numbers that you mention in parenthesis, the number of nights?  I have over 1600 nights in the past 8 years.  Imwas a platinum premier last year, now am platinum elite.  Do you know what the lifetime member requirements are?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

tlwhite,

They are indeed the number of nights necessary for the lifetime elite levels.  Lifetime Platinum is the 750 nights and 2,000,000 points accumulated, I'd suspect you will have the 2 million with your 1600 paid nights or be darn close.

jimbomarie Platinum 4 Reviews

"IAHFLYR" mentions correctly the number of nights I put in parenthesis is the number of stayed nights and it also includes the number of nights you get as credit from your Marriott Rewards Credit card. That is, every year you get (15) nights free to start the year and you also get (1) night stay credit for every 3,000 rolling dollars spent(rolling $ means if you charge $5,000 this month you get 1 night and only need $1,000 next month for your next night credit).

The big thing I want to explain is that in order to achieve Lifetime Platinum status you also need to be enrolled in the program for 12 years.

One question I ask is :

What is the difference between Platinum Premier and Platinum Elite?

cjkim Platinum

Perhaps you should start a new discussion about the differences between Platinum Elite and Platinum Premier. I became Platinum Premier this year but don't see any differences in service or number of points or anything. I asked one of the Marriott employee and he didn't know either other than that only first 5% of the elite members qualified for it.

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

Never heard the 12 year requirement. Probably runs hand in hand for most anyway, taking that long to accumulate. I have nearly 1200 Life time nights, but it is time to check the points account. If you hit life time God for example, and say you don't travel anywhere the next year, and no rollover nights, do you always start towards Platinum from that level? I guess you would.

pk Platinum 1 Reviews

If you email them via the website, they will email you back with the totals and then you can email back and forth to get updates once you have an email thread.  Marriott should update their web system to allow these cumulative totals to be seen on the user account page, but I've not seen any progress in that area yet.