5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2013 4:14 AM by sg1974 RSS

No room at the Inn

dlhaynes4 Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a question about the room guarantee.

I am a lifetime platinum and booked a room at a residence inn.  Upon arrival, I was informed that the hotel was over sold and they did not have a room for me.  Even though I had a confirmed reservation.  I was told I would have to stay at another hotel For he night.  I did.  The next day after I checked in I talked to the manager and let her know I was not happy about the lack of a room r the attitude of the person at the desk.  She offered me either beer or wine to make me feel better.  I declined, since I do not drink.  Yet hat was pretty much the options I got for compensation.

THis has never happened to me in all of the years that I have been staying at Marriott.  So I didn't really pay attention to the room guarantee policy.  I have since read it.  ain't talks about case and room certificates.  But in part of it, it talks about having to ask for it during the stay, that discussion is in a different art.  Since I did not ask during the stay, does that mean it is too late to request the compensation.  Not surprising, the manager did not bring it up during our discussion.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No room at the Inn
    sg1974 Gold

this sounds like poor treatment particularly for a lifetime platinum.

similar situation happened to us once. We had guaranteed 2 doubles and they were trying to get us to stay in a 1 bed room which was tiny. I did not accept and let them know my displeasure about not receiving our guaranteed room. We stayed in another hotel close by for the night which we did not pay for.

this is the terms and conditions which include compensation levels per brand:

http://www.marriott.co.uk/rewards/terms/elite.mi

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I didn't know about the compensation, so I paid for the room at the other hotel.  Is it too late to get the compensation?

sg1974 Gold

i don't know if it is too late to do anything now. Hopefully another insider may be able to assist if they have had a similar situation.

i Always make sure I print out the reservation and take it with me to ensure there is no confusion over the room type that I have booked and that they should honor.

if I had a guaranteed room booked up & they told me it was sold out I would let them know that I'd be expecting them to sort out the mix up. Especially since you are a lifetime platinum. That is extremely poor treatment.

I Have been contacted by the hotel manager and she has addressed my concerns.  And competed the two heights that I stayed there.

This blog really works!

Thanks!

sg1974 Gold

good result. Shame they didn't act in this manner when you were at the property.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...