2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 2:46 PM by loumarriott_plat1 RSS

My top 3 Marriott stays!

beliveau Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I Have stayed at many Marriotts over the past few years and a couple of them were heads and tails above the rest! Our single most enjoyable stay was easily in Heildelberg, Germany. Our room was amazing!! a being a Platinum Elite member sure paid off as we were given the nicest room we have ever had! The little rubber duckie gift in our bathroom was a nice bonus and travelled the rest of our Euro trip with us and made it in quite a few I turned pictures! Our second favourite was the Boscolo Hotel in Budapest, Hungary.  Absolutely stunning building and our room was incredible but what set this place apart were the incredible front desk staff! Easily the most professional staff I have ever experienced in 40 years of travel!  Our third favourite is a tie between the Marriott  in New Orleans and Victoria, BC.  Outstanding locations and incredible rooms!  Both of them had some minor issues but were resolved above and beyond what we had hoped for.  I'd be curious to hear other members favourites and least favourites.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My top 3 Marriott stays!
    ctreglia Gold 3 Reviews

The Grand Marriott Resort in Point Clear, Alabama is definitely one of my top picks.  (No surprise since it was voted the best Marriott resort in America, but nonetheless one of my favorites.)  It is a historic resort on the Mobile Bay and one of the pretty places I have ever visited.  There is so much to do there- walking paths, fishing, small beach, pool, afternoon tea, golf, resort activities, lounging around the fire pits, or just taking in the spectacular views. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: My top 3 Marriott stays!
    loumarriott_plat1 Platinum 5 Reviews

My top 3 stays for places are 1) Marriott Vacation Club at Marco Island - great views, big rooms, nice pools w/slide, games, restaurants, store w/movie rentals and snacks, ability to invite guests, free parking (I think), great staff, great workout room, nice layout overall and great beach activities.  Our room was beachfront at the corner of the building - so our balcony wrapped around.  Real Cool !!!     2)  Residence Inn on the slopes at Whistler Mtn. Resort, near Vancouver, B.C. C.anada - great hotel right on the slopes, can get skis / equipment right there easily, good rooms with slope views, great outdoor pool, hot tub, we threw snowballs from the hot tub to the pool, great views and times - no issues to report, not far from shopping and other activities.  Everything real close.   3)  Residence Inn Palm Desert, CA - nice family style hotel where we would get upgraded (as a Platinum life time member) to a 2 bedroom suite, we stayed there for a week for a 2nd time it was so good.  Great meals and evening receptions, pool, putting green, work out room, 2 or 3 tennis courts, right on a golf course, near lots of other places, including Palm Springs and Joshua Tree Natl Park.   Had great experiences at all three of these and I highly recommend all, though the area in each case is just as good as the hotel itself.  Good Times !!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...