6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2013 9:01 AM by shoeman1000 RSS

Low-Key Asheville

loveparis Silver
Currently Being Moderated

The Residence Inn at Biltmore is a nice, low-key hotel mere minutes from the entrance to the Estate. One of the best things about staying here is the close proximity to downtown Asheville and its many restaurants. My family loves pizza from Asheville Brewing Company, and besides great pizza, they sell their beer by the six-pack, so we pick up a couple of pizzas and beer and enjoy them in the comfort of our room at the Residence Inn. The staff is friendly and offer help when needed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Asheville, North Carolina, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore
Black Mountain, North Carolina, USA
  • Re: Low-Key Asheville
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

loveparis,

That is a great "Name"!

Totally agree that this RI, is a special property! 

Great location, surrounded by wonderful places to dine.  Love, that "Woolworth Museum", it is a great place to visit!

Thanks for bringing back such great memories!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Asheville, North Carolina, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Asheville Biltmore
      shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry

My wife and some of her friends (total 8) are going to Asheville and staying at this property for an extended weekend next week.  I know that they are spending a day at the Biltmore and a spay day at the Grove inn but I am not sure of their other plans.  Do you have any suggestions that I could pass on to them?

THanks

shashack,

Yes!

Visit Thomas Woolf's home, it is right next to the Renaissance, downtown.

Also, The Woolworth Museum, of course the Biltmore (You will be right near the entrance, for a whole lot less money).  For dining, I went to a great place, that was not expensive, and I think the name was "Mother Place"?  There is nice botique shopping nearby as well.  The downtown is rather casual, and is influenced by a young "College type crowd"! 

Lastly, you may want to also visit "Black Mountain", a few miles East of there for a nostalgic visit to the past!

Enjoy and let us all know how it goes!

Location Brand Hotel
        Black Mountain, North Carolina, USA
          shashack Platinum 4 Reviews

THanks Jerry and i will pass along the results of her trip.

shashack,

No, I am not done, I just recently ran out of time!

Keep these places, I have personally visited in mind:

Wasabi, a nice Japanese place to dine.

Tupelo Highway, special place, not expensive.

Corner Kitchen, in The Biltmore Plaza, close to the hotel, very nice place to dine and shop.

Good luck!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

You are in for a great time in Asheville.  Here are a few of my favorites:

12 BONES  (this recommendation originally came from Anadyr several years ago)  great BBQ.

TUPELO HONEY CAFE  (Breakfast/Brunch fare)  very good.

CORNER KITCHEN  very good surroundings and food.  on the expensive side. 

Enjoy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...