3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2009 9:05 AM by joaofgermany RSS

Cayman Island Marriott

bmwcaber Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, trying to get feedback on the Marriott Grand Cayman Resort ... we are heading there in 3 weeks with my 6 and 8 year old daughters.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cayman Island Marriott
    gbtyke Platinum 2 Reviews
    Hi, we stayed there with 2 boys 12 & 8 2 years ago.  We stayed on points but negotiated a special rate upgrade to a fabulous suite, top floor, one off presidential !  Beach is good but not huge, get up early as sunbed reservations start around 6am. Not much nightlife  Excellent onsite diving shop. Great snorkelling from beach. Spa fancy but without soul. Traffic big problem so best to just stay on the beach !  Must visit turtle farm and kids loved Coconut Joe's across the road (also pizza hut & Wendy's) . Fantastic italian ice-cream parlour near cinema.  Used laundry next door at motel.  Cruise ships in town most days but not out by Marriott. Short taxi ride to supermarket, few shops within walking distance aren't up to much.  We loved it and hope to return Easter 09, have fun !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

golfgirl Silver 2 Reviews
    My husand and I spent our 20 year anniversary in Dec 2007 there for a week.  Rumors were that they are about to turn it into a JW Marriott.  We were in a Jr. Suite, they need some work, but great, comfortable beds.  We had dinner twice at the Ritz on the beach side and were able to sit outside, very nice, got to wear our resort wear (nice shorts and sandals).  One of the best things we did was rent a car-on site- then drove to the other side of the island and spent time at the point, sunbathing, etc.  There was food, lounge chairs, an outdoor restaurant, servers serving drinks.   It's also a nice way to see the island.

joaofgermany Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi,

Can you please share your experience, as I will travel to Cayman Island beginning of June this year for 2 weeks with a 6 and a 4 year old boy. How about the accomodation and I have heard rumors about construction next door.

Thanks

Jochen

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...