1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 12:16 AM by vaboywnder RSS

Chase Credit Card link to Rewards Account Question

legolas1717 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I'm new to Insiders and hope I can get some help.  I want to know if one's Marriott Rewards certficates and points are linked to cards after they are transfered.  For example, if I have a Premier card and closed it in favor of the card with a lower annual fee, would the points remaining in my account be combinable with any points earned on the new card provided I sign up with the same account number?  My Rewards account recognizes that I have a Premier card, but I want to make sure that barring elite status, my points and account status will not change if I change the card I use.  I hope that was clear.  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chase Credit Card link to Rewards Account Question
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

legolas1717,

Points you earned from regular spending on the credit card should remain intact.  I'm not sure how long you were a Premier Card Member, but if your question is in relation to the Welcome Bonus of 50,000 points after making $1,000 in purchases during the first three month period you should refer to the following disclaimer from Chase:

"50,000 BONUS POINTS: To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Marriott Rewards account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for

first-time Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Credit Card Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer. If your account is not open for at least 6 months, Marriott and Chase reserve the right to deduct the bonus points from your Marriott Rewards account."

I hope this answers your question.  You can always call Chase customer service as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...