9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 7:27 AM by NathalieF RSS

More MI technical issues.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am not able to create, reply, send a direct message, using Microsoft Explorer.  I don't see the activity button to the left of my username.

I have gone to Chrome which works but I really don't like.  It has become so hard to use the site that I am not on much any more.  I had to change my e-mail to get alerts, etc and I am still not happy with that.

I read that others are also having problems.  I had hoped that the last update that just happened would fix it but no luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: More MI technical issues.
    curiousone Platinum

I have switched over to Firefox when I want to create or reply to MRI. The $64 question is: Is it an MRI issue or IE issue? I am sure they will each blame the other.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I don't take my computer with me when I fly any more and am dependent on the ones the hotel provides.  They all have Microsoft IE and that is it.  This would mean that I would be locked out when on the road.  I do take it when I drive.

As to the problem, it is common to blame each other.  I think the last update that Microsoft implemented had something that the Marriott site code was not compatible with.

I used to use Firefox some time ago but for some reason, went back to IE.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

The way I do a direct message is to click on Create at the top of the Insiders page and a drop down menu shows Direct Message. 

what browser are you using?  The problem seems to be with the latest update that Microsoft made to Explorer.

The problem is that if I click on Create, there is no response.  Likewise with Reply.  If I am on a computer that only has Microsoft Explorer, as all the computers in Marriotts, I cannot communicate.  It is the same as if I didn't sign in.

I just sent you a test direct message from both firefox and internet explorer.

Are you using IE 9?  I got one, not sure which one and did respond.  Thanks for helping.

IE9 yes.  and Firefox.

NathalieF  Do you know when this site will be compatible with IE10?  As of now, I can't reply, etc while using the browser and really don't like using Chrome which I have to if I want to participate.  Reminding you, when I was at the Manor Club, I used the computer and that was when I found the issue which continued when I got home.  At least this Marriott site must have the auto updates and was at IE10.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Good question, we'll have updates for IE10 with our next maintenance release in just about a week.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...