5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 5:06 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Memphis, "Which RI"?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Planning a trip next week to go back to see Graceland, and more!

Enjoy, The Marriott downtown, but want to stay at a RI this time.  Which one would you suggest?

Two that look good are RI East, or RI Germantown.

Your suggestion?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Memphis, Tennessee, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
Memphis, Tennessee, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Memphis East
  • Re: Memphis, "Which RI"?
    ctreglia Gold 3 Reviews

The Residence Inn Memphis Downtown is one of my absolute favorite Marriott properties.  The hotel itself is gorgeous and there are great restaurants in walking distance.  The only drawback is no onsite parking.  The Main Street trolley runs right in front of the hotel and the rooftop deck has the best views in town.

The Residence Inn Memphis East, by contrast is one of my least favorite locations.  It abuts a major freight rail line and a hospital with a busy emergency room so you never get any sleep.  The property itself is not very comfortable.  There are some fun dining options nearby if you do end up selecting this location.

I've never stayed at the Residence Inn Germantown.

Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ctreglia,

Thank-you so much for the information!

I have stayed at The RI downtown, but never outside of downtown.  They have Valet parking, and it was pleasant enough in the past.  We are not really "Night life" people so I thought it might be better to stay outside of downtown.  However, I want to dine at the Peabody, visit Beale Street, Sun Records,

Graceland and The Mississippi River Museum.  So I am going to re-check the options out!

Thank-you again!

Location Brand Hotel
      Memphis, Tennessee, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
      Memphis, Tennessee, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Memphis East

ctreglia,

After a further analysis, you are right, and downtown it is!

Since I will only have a few days there, I am going to pay more, but make it easier on myself.  The only driving I may have to do is to go to Graceland.  The two room suites just spoil me, and this just makes real sense.

Thank-you again!

elfcpa Gold 1 Reviews

I go to Memphis every six months and have for 25+ years.  The downtown RI is by far the best choice - to verify the other recommendation you received.  Other than a RI, the only other Marriott I stay at is the Marriott Hotel on the bypass on the southeast side of town nearer to the airport.  Downtown for a vacation is the first choice but for business not so for me since my business takes me to areas away from doewntown.

Take a tour of St. Judes hospital and research center while you are there if you have time.  Amazing place and will touch your heart to see the amazing human spirits there!  Just north of where you are staying.

elfcpa,

That is a great "Name" you have! 

Thanks for the support of the previous recommendation!

I have also booked a nice dinner at The Peabody, and am looking forward to the trip.

Thanks again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...