1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 2, 2013 4:30 PM by corpilot RSS

Heading to Cabo San Lucas this month - pointers?

rktdoc Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Will be spending the first night in San Jose at the Fairfield Inn, then 6 nights at the Casa Dorada on the waterfront in Cabo.  Renting a car is pretty cheap, but may consider just walking around town for the week.  Ziplines and snorkeling are being considered along with golf.  Any suggestions out there?  Also noticed that there are no reviews for the Fairfield, so I suppose I'll be writing one soon enough.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Heading to Cabo San Lucas this month - pointers?
    corpilot Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

1. There is a Karoke bar on the west side of the hotel that operates until 3:30-4:00 AM and is VERY loud......the kind of loud that prevents sleep. Considering that only Stay in EVEN numbered rooms as they are away from the noise. (please...dont ignore this advice).

2. The showers are lukewarm. they work ...but dont expect hot water.

3. The breakfast is sparse. there is no cereal of any kind. The baked good are stale and they dont offer meat. Eggs are actually good and they do keep the warm food at a reasonable temperature. the staff doesnt restock the food so it is first come first and only serve.

4. Wifi is FAST and reliable. Skype works flawlessly.

5. Staff: they are very nice but totally incompetent. If you ask for something they will be agreeable but they only follow thru about 50% of the time.....you can tell they want to help but have no idea of how.

6. Your charge card will be charged the full amount at the time of arrival...this isnt aproblem unless you want to change the charge card later.

7.. If you want to charge to your room ask ahead of time or you wont be able to.

8. The staff is very honest. They held and returned thechange I forgot at the front desk.

9. the hotel is a 1/4 of a mile from downtown. and you do not need a taxi or other transport.

10. The hotel has a shuttle for airport trips.

As a aircrew we get to lots of places that are vacation spots. If you want a excellent reasonably priced vacation La Romana in the Dominican republic beats ANY of the Mexican resorts and is very safe. The beaches are pritine. The staff is professional. The booze is top shelf. The grounds immaculate and the rooms are clean.

Why anyone would vacation in Cabo is beyond me but if Whoring, drinking, drugging and fishing is your game Cabo is the place.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...