2 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2013 2:34 AM by californian RSS

Hampton Inn Follow-up

curiousone Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

During the recent Marriott points inflation fiasco I signed up for a Hilton reserve VISA card. This card gives me Gold status as long as I have the card. After I received the VISA card I booked a Hampton Inn in Yuma AZ on business. While there were Marriott's available, I thought I would give Hilton a try. The day after I checked out I received an e-mail thanking me for my stay and asking if anything could be improved. I assumed this was a site specific response. Last Tuesday I stayed at another Hampton Inn in Gallup NM, since no Marriott's were available. Today I received and e-mail from the Gallup Hampton Inn thanking me for my stay and asking if anything could be improved. Both Hamptons acknowledged my Gold status and offered a selection of check in gifts. At this point I am feeling much more love from Hilton as a Gold than I do from Marriott as a Platinum. What a shame.

The annual fee for the Hilton Reserve VISA card is $95 and I received 2 free weekend nights (Thurs - Sunday) at most Hilton hotels after spending $2,500 dollars on the card. I used the 2 free weekend nights to reserve 2 nights at the DoubleTree Suites in Santa Monica, CA with a $259/night room rate on the night I made the reservation. After the 2 nights at Hilton I will spend a night at the JW Marriott Le Merigot Santa Monica, 45,000 points for a cat 9 hotel. It will be interesting to see if it is worth it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hampton Inn Follow-up
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

curiousone!

Thanks for sharing this valuable information!

Let us know how it goes.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hampton Inn Follow-up
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Good to know!  When I last stayed at a Hampton Inn, as well as other Hiltons, they had a sign that said if everything was not to my satisfaction, my room was free.  That is a strong statement.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...