2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2013 2:04 PM by ssindc RSS

Booking Suites

bopoppy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

How do I find out which resorts I cna book a suite for points at?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Booking Suites
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I was looking up some of the resorts that were offered as special rewards at 40% off the usual rate the other day and noticed that some say they have points usage available with 2 upgrade certificates or other requirements on the reservations site.  My usual go-to is CS anyway.  Then I try looking them up myself to make sure, or vice versa.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Booking Suites
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I hate to admit that I always call the Platinum line when I'm booking a big vacation on points.

First I do my prioritizing with my spouse on:

• available weeks
    • preferred locations
    • options within each location; then
      • I tend to send my spouse ridiculously long emails with links to my top few destinations and properties with pros and cons (ranging from location to size and quality of room to supplemental fees - most often the dreaded parking penalty, etc.)

Then, once I have "management approval," I call the Platinum line and inquire about "our" preferred weeks and properties, and we work our way through the various room options.

• The main reason I mention this is that - in my experience - it is often possible to get access to better rooms on the phone than you might get on the web page.  (For example, sometimes it makes more sense to get that two bedroom suite rather than take up two rooms, but it's hard to play out that option on the web page.)
      • The moral of the story is that - if you don't ask, you'll never find out what's possible.
    • Again, in my experience, the folks on the platinum line are unfailingly polite and endlessly patient in helping you maximize the value of your points.....

Happy hunting and good luck!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...