1 Reply Latest reply: May 29, 2013 5:59 AM by painedplatinum RSS

Hawaii DreamRewards Crushed :( :( :(

tmecha Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Planning Big Island and Maui family vacation for September. Had everything in my dreamrewards account - and logged in this week to see my dreams had been crushed

Not only did my points seriously depreciate towards applicability for this trip - my 4x "bonus certificates" for level 4 hotel became useless. I can't even take my family to the Maui airport hotel.

I was not notified of this upcoming change - Marriott should have given fair warning, especially for hotels in people's dream rewards, as I would have gone ahead and booked before the change. Given this switch just occurred, is there a grace period?

Todd

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hawaii DreamRewards Crushed :( :( :(
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Todd,

In general, Marriott did give plenty of warning. They announced the changes a few months ago and set a May 15th date to book future stays at the old rates. Now, I understand everyone doesn't have time to follow every Marriott announcement and it seems you missed this one. Sorry guy, I'm not sure that you'll be able to fix it.

You're question as far as Dream Rewards is a good one. Futuristically, if there was a way to send e-mails out that somehow monitored Dream Rewards when categories change, that may help avoid your situation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...