4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 9:48 AM by rwesrussell RSS

Free WIFI is a must

dundeeyank Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Charging me for Internet Access can drive me away from nice hotels. This weekend at the St. Regis in NYC the Internet access was free AND the new outlets have two USB ports in the middle. It's a small thing, but it makes me want to go back!!! It needs to be the standard in all Marriott hotels from level one to level 9.

Gregg Havens, Rewards and Vacation Club member.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Free WIFI is a must
    marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

When it comes to full service hotels, I mostly stay at Marriotts so I guess I have not really compared it to others when it comes to internet access.  I was recently in a Sheraton and they were charging for Internet access ($10/day, which is less than Marriott).

I think Internet access should be free too--just bump up the room rate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hodad Platinum

I am currently at the Marriott Augusta GA and have been informed that my Platinum status does not entitle me to the high speed internet. There are two options, a slower speed and a high speed with an additional charge. 

I rely on the higher speeds for my work.

Between this and the downgrading of our Platinum gift I'm feeling very unappreciated this week.    

tikoune Platinum 5 Reviews

I totally agree. I just discovered that at the JW at Cherry Creek. To get high speed internet, we have to pay ! Yes I feel very unappreciated, especially being a platinum member, meaning we spend more than 2 months per year in a Marriott Hotel ! It is called loyalty so how about getting the high speed internet free.

rwesrussell Platinum 5 Reviews

I'm a very frequent guest at the Long Beach Marriott and their internet service, while frustrating, has a couple of options.

You can select the free internet (wired or wireless) which has limited bandwidth -- adequate but slow.

You can opt to pay a little more for different tiers of service (i.e., speed) if the free internet is unacceptable.

For Gold & Platinum members you can select your service level and the internet is free.

To me, this makes sense.  For those who are just in need to a connection to check email, update social networking sites, watch the occasional video, the free level is fine.

For business travelers who access remote networks via VPN connections the higher speed is available and, most likely, reimbursable by your company.

As an elite member, it's free for me.

The challenge with hotels, as I understand it, is too many guests access the internet to stream movies, music, etc and you can really see the bandwidth hit at certain times of day.  Giving those users the limited bandwidth option for free makes sense.

Just my opinion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...