8 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 5:01 AM by profchiara RSS

Personalization

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Red Pepper flakes at the every least according to this article.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Personalization
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

anadyr the article give an error message only.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you very much.  Pepper flakes do make a difference and if some hotel chain would actually peek into their computers in order to provide a guest with the simple items which they ask for in your account profile it would be a nice personalized touch.

Absolutely, and remembering little things: like the fact that I wanted a Milky Way (which happened to me) rather than a mini chocolate at first night's turn down was another special treat!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

The best Marriotts and the best hotels I've stayed at generally more than once do this.  At the Athens Ledra, they always note my preferences regarding room size, type of room, meals, wines, time of arrival, etc. even before I tell them. The Grand Flora did much of that when I was staying there regularly, and like the Ledra, was almost like Cheers, where "everybody knows your name."  That happened most recently at the Ai Reali in Venice.  They memorized me (apparently people I had not met until nearly the last day since I slept through breakfast (probably not my best comment to make on this forum since I've been so outspoken), knew what room number I was in and so forth.

I've already been in contact with the woman who manages the Santorini Afroessa, and she has made not only my travel arrangements from the airport (though it is a cancellable reservation till July) but also has promised to speak as much Greek to me as I want or can handle after I mentioned I was trying to learn it but having trouble.

These are the hotels that succeed.  Admittedly the more we stay at an individual hotel the more likely that result will be, but this was my first time at the Ai Reali.

Ciao, ProfChiara

Over the last 7-8 years I would fly into PHL 8-10 times a year maybe more for work at the FAA Tech Center in NJ.  The night before or flights home we'd all stay at the PHL Airport Marriott and the front desk staff, CL associate and late afternoon bartender in the lobby bar got to know us and without fail make sure to call us by name as well as ensure the same beverage was desired.  I found a corner room on the CL level that I enjoyed and from that time on my room was always the same thanks to the CL associate (Nathan) and his outstanding service to make me and all the rest of us feel very special.  That goes a long way for sure and yes the arrival gift was always given without even having to fill out the little card that nobody can read now due to it being on glossy card stock with very light grey print!

There was a time that a concierge delivered a silver tray containing a full bottle of wine and excellent fruits and cheese to me on the 17th floor (concierge) of the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Virginia. I was there maybe three tines per month for a while and this continued for each time.  She also wrote a small note with a word of thanks and encouragement for me.  It made the place seem like home even though I was 3000 miles away from home.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yes, those were the days my friend, I wished they had never ended...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...