3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2013 10:10 PM by nadine RSS

TMI, OMG!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, the recent disclosure that come June 22nd breakfasts* will be available seven days a week at some hotels, not resorts, left me wondering, if the whole Marriott Rewards Insiders (MRI) thing isn't a symptom of TMI: Too much information

The whole kerfuffle would have been avoided if the news appeared written on the wind or in a planted question at an ABA Meeting a few weeks ago (Oh, the IRS already used that, sorry).

So, as a long-standing member of MRI I would rather be in the dark all the time:  I can't change what Marriott does, only what I do, the news is not good for the most part about program changes, and overall, there is no real value in worrying about it for me.

So, there you have my two cents worth!

------------------

*lots of fine print, but this term covers a plethora of types of meals or non-meals served at some but not all places, with or without the prefix "continental" and implying that something might be available at some time in some places.  Not to be construed as food.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New Hampshire, USA
  • Re: TMI, OMG!
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Anadyr,

I agree.

For me, part of the essence of travel has always been the research and enquiry it requires. The more you prepare, the more personalised the "game plan" - and, nearly always, the more memorable the experience. Today, we tend to be spoon-fed to such a degree that everything becomes predictable, almost robotic!

Best,

A

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

HAL agrees

nadine Platinum 1 Reviews

I usually received the weekend breakfast at full service Marriotts with only a few exceptions.  Hotels always gave the entire breakfast buffet.  Now that the complimentary weekend breakfast for elites has become a Marriott "rule", they only give the continental breakfast. Since I am diabetic, I cannot eat just the carbs that are offered on the continental buffet.  I feel like Marriott has taken a step backwards and are no longer treating the elite as elites.  I have become golden at Starwood and I am liking the things that SPG does for guests.  The points and cash nights are an exceptional bargain.  I am finding it less and less desirable to stay at Marriotts, especially since Evon in Marriott Customer Service called me a *****.  That did not go over well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...