1 Reply Latest reply: May 28, 2013 12:46 AM by hopetix RSS

Marriott Increased the Point Cost of Their Gift Cards by ~36%!!! What's up with that?

mwerber1 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

One of the primary reasons I switched to Marriott was the fact that they seemed to have a better point structure than competing brands.

Case in point - as of a few days ago, you were able to buy a $100 Best Buy, Cabellas, or Home Depot Gift Card (among others) for 22,000 points.

As of today (or, very recently), they have increased the cost of these gift cards to 30,000 points, representing a 36% increase in the cost of the cards.

I was specifically saving my points for the purchase of a sweet Jet table saw from Home Depot... which means I am not only 36% farther away from my goal, but I will now move towards that goal at a much slower pace.

I am upset by this change and hope that you are too. Maybe they will change their minds and revert back to the prior point structure? This change cost me $200+ in gift cards. Had I known it was coming, I would have used my points earlier.se

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Increased the Point Cost of Their Gift Cards by ~36%!!! What's up with that?
    hopetix Platinum 2 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

They also took away the 135,000 point gift checks and required 204,000 points for gift card NOW as of today when I looked it is up to 255,000 points. WOW. Talk about sticking it to everyone but especially the Platinum members who had a perk that has now basically doubled. Points just aren't worth anything anymore.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...