29 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2013 12:21 PM by jerrycoin RSS

London, MRI, "Having some Fun"!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

IMG_3243.JPG

jerrycoin, "Lady Coin", "Lady Chrisf", Chrisf, and his "Co-host", SG.

Last evening at Marriott County Hall, three MRI hopefully will continue a trend!

Visiting with each other, sharing some stories, having some laughs, and planning our next MRI, "Get together"!

SG, Chrisf, and jerrycoin had a "Blast" for two hours.  Next time we will spend more time together!

Will you join us at C-H, the end of February, (23-March 1)?

We will try to get Ark, and anyone else to set aside a few hours one evening during the week to "Catch-up" on previous travels.

SG and Chris are true "Travel Professionals". as well as being wonderful "Gentlemen"!

"A great time was had by all"!

We especially want to thank the staff at C-H, for consistently providing such service.  It is a real pleasure to thank two of the staff members who seem to really know how to make our stays very nice and memorable!

IMG_3238.JPG

The C-L Manager, Kate,(Pictured with SG). was so professional and attentive!  "Jencoula" to our "Polish Princess", of a Marriott Employee with a "Real Spirit to Serve"!

Another staff member who has been so consistent in helping all of us is "Pawel".  This wonderful "Polish Professional", works the entrance to the hotel, and is always seeking ways to help guests.

IMG_3248.JPG

Pawel, "The Pro"!

Thanks to all that made our 2nd "Get together a "Little larger" than the first!

Will "You" come join us next year?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom Marriott Hotels & Resorts London Marriott Hotel County Hall
  • Re: London, MRI, "Having some Fun"!
    sg1974 Gold

Jerry,

Enjoyed meeting everyone.

as you said, there were lots of interesting travel stories.

i look forward to seeing chris and Ann Marie's photos and blogs of their world tour.

there will be some good tips for us all.

A february meeting sounds like a good idea.

SG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg,

Yes, it was a nice time!  Too bad we MRI, never have enough time!

My meetings with NUHusker were the same way.  Too short of time, but not laughs and travel stories!  Next trip, I would really like to organize a day trip out to London to Stonehenge or Stratford-upon-Avon.  While I know you work, we could try to do it around a Holiday or when Chrisf, you and whomever, could make a "Day of it"!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

very nice photos.

Nu,

You would have really enjoyed, as well as added a lot to our event!

The refreshments were almost as good as we had in Burlington, Iowa!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Jerry,

Fabulous photos, looks like good times.  Really super seeing all you travelers assembled in good form!

Our London reservations for next year are 4/26 - 5/3.   Perhaps another time and place.  Here's hoping!

pluto,

Thanks!

I just hope that Marriott will work with you, all of us, and me, on these rooms for points!  Am not sure I am ready to pay huge amounts each night, on top of a 200.000 per week point charge!

A lot of people will be seriously shopping if that happens!

Stay in touch, will do the same!

pluto,

Thanks!

However, let's "Watch", the points/prices demanded for next year!  This is going to effect my travel in the future a lot!  Will have some travel "Options" for you and me as well.  It really helps having someone like SG, who works close to the hotel, and Chrisf, who is outstanding as well to share cost saving ideas!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry, like the price of everything hotels will never be this "cheap" again, ever in terms of points required.  Sad but true I am afraid and not even a full shampoo bottle either!

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

jerrycoin,

It appears that MRI meeting in London was a smashing success.  Thank you for posting the photos.  I would be willing to bet the travel stories were amazing.

gmt,

Well, Chrisf, and SG, were such "Travel Scholars" it made it fun to share the evening.  Chrisf, has just got back from a "Three month" trip over half the world.

SG, is such a resource of travel information.  Wow, these two know so much!

We are lucky to have their comments to help other travelers!

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

I agree and the wealth of travel knowledge that the three of you have provided for MRI community has been invaluable.

gm1,

Thanks!

Will have a number of informative photos and information to post next week.  Likewise, with erc, and others staying here in the near future, we should be able to get a lot of "Perspectives" on the property and area.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry, Chris, SG

Looks like a good time was had by all.  Thanks for updating those of us across the pond..........

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Love the picture, but jerrycoin tidy up the knot on the tie!

Looks like a great time and I want to be sure to be at the next meeting to learn from all the knowledgeable kids on the block.

IAH,

Texans, and ties don't seem to get along!  At most of the Texans I know!

That was my new tie, from Liberty of London, and had promised "Lady Coin", that I would wear it that night!

IMG_3232.JPG

Liberty of London, is a wonderful place to shop!

IMG_3235.JPG

Note the "Tie shop", at LoL!  (Texans are not allowed)!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Awesome Jerry!!

IAH,

Thanks!

Am I right about Texan's and Ties?

I told you the story of my friend who was traveling with me in Wilmington, DE, at The Dupont Hotel.  He was asked to put a tie on for Breakfast!  You talk about a "Mad Texan", he was insulted!  I am sure they do not have that policy any more!

shoeman,

Thanks!

Looking forward to having the same kind of "Great time", when I get to Charlotte!  We'll meet at The Marriott!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Well done MRI's. Thanks for the pictures JC.

pp,

Thanks!

Here are a few more you may enjoy!

IMG_3223.JPG

Nearby, Covent Gardens, is an excellent place to shop, dine, and enjoy some festive music!  It's got a "Glass roof", but is open aired, so go when the weather is nice!

IMG_3236.JPG

The Covent Garden area has some wonderful Pubs, as well!

Enjoy!

Just learned tonight that one of the outstanding staff members here, won "The Spirt to Serve Award"!

While I had nothing to do with it, he sure deserves it!

Abundio, The "Pride of Portugal"! is excellent at assisting guests from his Concierge post!  Make sure you say hello to him during your stay at C-H!

IMG_1394.JPG

Abundio, is pictured with another "Pro", Ramona, the "Head of Housekeeping"  She has the "Cleanest" rooms we have ever experienced.  After one week, not a trace of soil on our slippers!  I know that sounds different, but this hotel is "Clean"!

Again, "Congratulations", Abundio!  You represent "The Spirit to Serve"!

BTW,

There are a number of staff members here that have won a host of rewards!

If you are lucky enough to dine in Gillray's, you will be very pleased

The Manager, Jonathan, runs on of the finest "Sunday Brunch's in London". Their prices are about 1/2 what you will pay at Harrod's!

IMG_2259.JPG

Jonathan, far left, runs a wonderful place!  Where else in London would you get a view of Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, The Thames, and more from your dining room table?

Great people, great food!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I still have a credit on y Harrod's charge--you could have used it.  200 GBP I think?

anadyr,

Thanks for the offer!

That would have bought me a "Toothbrush"!

The prices were really high! at Harrod's.  I finally got to relax and have some raw oyster's at the "Oyster Bar" at Harrods.  The bill for 6 oysters was 19 GBP ($28}.  That is twice as expensive as the C-H Marriott!.  Won't do that again!  However, it was something I always wanted to do.

IMG_3218.JPG

anadyr,

BTY,

Had a nice meal at The Royal Horse Guards on Tuesday night!  The place is a little "Austere", but the food was well prepared.

IMG_3225.JPG

The lobby

IMG_3226.JPG

Classic place to dine.  You choose how many courses you would like.

IMG_3229.JPG

Classic English fireplace in lobby.

Anadyr, thanks for the recommendation!

IMG_3219.jpg

This poster in the men's room at the Ritz was interesting!  The caption really made me laugh!  It said, "Two cherries please, after all a man's got to eat"!

IMG_3259.JPG

Wow,  when was the last time a staff, "Said good-bye" to you like this great staff!  This great staff is representing, Eastern Europe, Poland, and Portugal!  This C-H staff is really one of the finest in the hotel family!  They expressed their appreciation to the MRI, who visited the property!

Thanks again to all if them!  A job well done!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

That's a good looking group!!

pp,

Thanks!

The pictures show the "Happiness" of the staff and guests at County Hall! 

It is a "Happy" place!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...