7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2014 10:42 AM by barrpat RSS

SJC Courtyard has an awful GM named Mary, her property, associates are sub par for ANY Marriott...

iamone Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

The SJC Courtyard has the most AWOL GM, Mary, of any Marriott property. Stayed there on 1/7/13, wrote her a detailed message containing several problems we encountered. She never replied to me. Left her a voicemail twice, the second one told her if I didn't here from her within one week, I would escalate my concerns to corporate. I sent an email, but never heard from anyone.

You can tell the Spirit to Serve has died with Bill's retirement. Damn shame because he worked so hard, so long to train the associates and management of the critical importance of guests, returning guests, and Platinum Elites.

We will never stay @ the SJC Courtyard again and I whole heartedly recommend anyone considering to change their plans, and possibly stay at the San Jose Marriott.

Message was edited by: communitymanager

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Jose, California, USA
  • Re: SJC Courtyard has an awful GM named Mary, her property, associates are sub par for ANY Marriott...
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings iamone - have you already been in touch with customer care or would you like us to reach out on your behalf?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: SJC Courtyard has an awful GM named Mary, her property, associates are sub par for ANY Marriott...
      iamone Platinum 1 Reviews

Yes, did so in January, 2013. Also left the detailed analysis of the numerous problems in a sealed envelope with the GM's name on it. Followed with two phone calls, which went into her (Mary's) voice mail, but obviously she chose not to contact me. Hopefully she's now a GM for Motel 6. We and our associates will NEVER stay @ the SJC Courtyard again!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

iamone,

Please make sure and go to the hotel reviews on this site, and fill out a review on this specific hotel.  That is where people will hopefully see all the good and the bad about each hotel.  The more we get people to start using that, the more weight it will carry to the management!  Thanks.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I have found that some GM's never get the memo that they need to respond to a guest comment and that's too bad.

One the one hand some will write from  home to respond (based on method and time of day), and others will respond a day later.  Sadly, the responsiveness of the manager groups is not universal but spotty at times.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I've stayed at the SJ Marriott, it was a good property.  Sorry to hear about the courtyard though, that's unfortunate for them to have missed a chance to change things.  I've had problems at properties before and I have to say for the most part I've had very good experiences with GMs, but sometimes I have to be very direct with the front desk folks to get to the GM.  One good experience for me was in Jacksonville FL, the GM offered to buy me a drink and then sat down and took notes while I explained my problems.  He assured me it would be fixed and sure enough the next week everything was perfect.  Hopefully your issues can be sorted out but sounds like you'll be changing your hotel choice regardless

texasvoyager Platinum 30 Reviews

iamone, I just returned from a stay at the SJC Courtyard.  While I didn't have an interactions with the GM, Mary, I did have the same impression that the Marriott Spirit to Serve at this property at least has joined Bill in retirement and taken a one way flight far away. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...