11 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 9:32 AM by anadyr RSS

A Platinum upgrade at Hertz

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I've been in the President's Circle Elite membership at Hertz for a decade, which was their highest level (that anyone knew of) and is based on usage of Hertz for rentals and requires an annual number of rentals.  Now they have offered us (including me) a chance to become a heretofore unknown level member--that being Platinum!  For only 1200 dollars a year, I can be uber-elite and very special.

Other levels do not get in as cheaply annually as you can see here.

President's Circle $1,200
Five Star $1,275
Gold $1,350
None $1,500

The Platinum benefits are comparable to those I get for free as an Executive Elite member at National Rent A Car, but this is a disturbing trend.

What if Platinum membership in other programs were enhanced and then charged for? 

Never say never, I always say.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: A Platinum upgrade at Hertz
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Most interesting!

Think I am just "Gold" with Hertz, but I would probably pay for this.  My problem is, I just don't really rent enough cars, and that is by choice.  If I never had to drive again, it would not bother me!

Thanks again, for this information!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I'd suggest not paying Jerry--the bennies are not that great,

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadur,

That's good enough for me!

Thanks!

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks - I did get any such offer (and I am  not crying b/c I did not), I am hertz 5 *, used to be prez circle, but much travel now only requires a taxi not a car! I am not inclined to give them $$ for bennies, if they cant reward me for my spend I have, then its not worth it to me.

I'm in agreement on that--free or not in the car(d)s

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Platinum was set up to cover CEO' s which I was at one point but the benefit doesn't go away. Key benefit is they use to pick you up at your gate pre 911 now at some airports they pick you up outside security and some you can call to meet you outside at curb  also they will drive you back to the terminal so no waiting for the bus other than that about the same. They also give you a small additional discount 

I get that now as a PC member

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

OK so if you see something extra with plat let us know as I don't see anything else

I am not falling for the Hertz upcharge.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'm a Five Star with Hertz and just got a nice upgrade this past weekend for a trip and that's just fine for me. Don't, and won't, be buying some 'upgraded' status just so they can think about doing the same thing I already get now.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Avis, for the first time that I'm aware...has instituted a loyalty level, it's free, that rewards free weekends.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...