8 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 2:01 PM by NathalieF RSS

Personal informations on Marriott mailings

n2privacy Member
Currently Being Moderated

Am I the only one appalled at Marriott for putting my social security number below my name on it's promotional mailings to me? I have contacted them about this before but got no reply. It's not like the SSN is inside the pamplet, its on the mailing label . Can Marriott make it any easier to steal my personal information (I guess they could put my  date of birth on the front label too).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Personal informations on Marriott mailings
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

That's really odd.  I'm surprised Marriott has that information.  I've never been asked for a SSN and have been a Marriott Rewards member since 1995.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'm not sure what that could be n2privacy but I'll follow up with you to investigate further.

If you could let me know what type of mailing it is - credit card offer, Rewards newsletter, etc, that will help us investigate.

n2privacy Member

I'm not sure what type of mailings since I get so upset, I shred them immediately. They are promotional mailings from Rewards area. I don't think they are general Marriott mailings. They are printed on on trifold postcard type paper and not writing paper.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I've never seen that on any I get.  Worry that I might

Got it, thank you. That makes sense. We take everyone's privacy extremely seriously and I'll dig around on my end to see what I can find out.

klaus29 Silver

dear manager

i am sure you will anderstand  my china englisch.  when you say  privacy is not broken from marriott  rewards, this is not  exact.

you know  in all compagnies , marriott includet, you have  person what know  and ather one dont know here buisness

yehs ago  i check in in the  marriott  mai khao beach club.  after my check aout  2  weeks later i dont see my nights  in my accounts

there  the manager know nathing, for give the nights. also i phone to marriott  rewards in ireland  and explaine. if there  recieve

my  bill from the  mai khao beacg club.  result  i get a e mail, from ireland, with the name from the lady  where i check inn 2  years  bevore

good  my wife dont see  this mail, possibklle ui am divorced today, and where cam from, the manager make this  big mistake, first

dont  give the nights  from 3  years bevore. but when marriott rewards answer  from what date i stay there, sche  the  manager

again a mistake  and dont give the date from the good year, bur from the  year  bevore, with the person what i check in 4  years ago

and not 3  years ago. and one more time. i have  the e mail disponible for you, where  you will find the name  with what lady i check inn

one more time  ,THE NAME  FROM THE LADY, with what i check in.

is this not a big big privacy  broken  from marriott  rewards  and the  ex  manager from the  beach club. ?? have a look in my  old post

and you will find  this  broken  privacy  , i know my englisch is not  good  ,but this  cost me , if i dont make attention  with the e mail

from marriott , my  marriage, i have luck i stay with my wife  together  today,. sche  never see this mail  from you compagnier.

i know, its incroyable .but truth.  again have a look in my old post.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

I don't recall ever seeing that but will certainly check going forward.  I look forward to the response.  Thanks.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...